Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simple Bullseye pistol league - Year 2

2 posters

Go down

Simple Bullseye pistol league - Year 2 Empty Simple Bullseye pistol league - Year 2

Post by RainmanRFW Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:58 pm

Hi people,
      I posted last year regarding my inaugural pistol league.  This winter is the second year of a 10 week bullseye winter league.  I run the league as a 3-target, slow fire, 25 or 50 foot (with appropriate NRA target), one or two hand event.  I setup a weekly pairing between the members (not unlike a bowling league) and handicap the scores using their cumulative average.  I allow any pistol that could be used for "precision" bullseye.  This year I have 14 members.  Guns range from .22 up to .40 S&W.  I see nothing but wide smiles every week.  I have skills ranging from former competitive bullseye shooters to complete novices.  We hold our shoots at Bills Gun Shop and Range in Hudson, WI.  As administrator, I tally and photograph each member's targets and publish scores, charts, and rankings soon after each Tuesday's shoot.  I invite you to peruse my website  http://chris2528.wix.com/ffleague.  I expect to top 20 shooters next year.  I'm posting this just for the sake of promoting the sport and exercise of pistol target shooting.  Some of my members have asked if I would extend the league or if I would put together a summer league.  I love this sport and I very much appreciate reading the various postings from all of you.  Let's keep this going.  Reney Langlois, River Falls, WI

RainmanRFW

Back to top Go down

Simple Bullseye pistol league - Year 2 Empty Re: Simple Bullseye pistol league - Year 2

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:58 pm

Great to hear stories like this!

Chip

Back to top Go down

Simple Bullseye pistol league - Year 2 Empty Re: Simple Bullseye pistol league - Year 2

Post by Wingshot Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:44 pm

Great to hear others working to keep the game alive. I started an indoor rimfire league which is going into its third season. We shoot only once a month and run a 300, 50' match with portable target turners. We average 8-12 shooters with new faces steadily showing up. Our plan is to expand the program and get into a postal league and perhaps move outdoors in the warmer months. For now it's just casual, fun and we are learning as we go. For now, that's good enough I think.
Wingshot
Wingshot

Back to top Go down

Post by RainmanRFW Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:50 pm

Love it Wingshot.  Thanks for responding.  Same principle in our league.  Make it fun, teach fundamentals.  My personal spring to autumn game is Trap so I'll restrict my pistol league to winter.  Some of my members are at work with me.  I can't tell you how much water-cooler time is spent talking about the previous week's shoot.

RainmanRFW

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingshot Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:58 pm

I'd gladly shoot every week if we could have someone run it and have RSO's available but that's the way it goes with club activity. Everyone wants but very few "do".
Wingshot
Wingshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingshot Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:03 pm

Just to add, we shot tonight and had a record setting attendance with 15 shooters, 6 of which were all new and they all had fun and promised to return. I couldn't be happier or more proud of our crew who work hard to boost attendance.
Wingshot
Wingshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down