Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frame & Slide tightening - Accu-rails, or the traditional route??

3 posters

Go down

Frame & Slide tightening - Accu-rails, or the traditional route?? Empty Frame & Slide tightening - Accu-rails, or the traditional route??

Post by John0313 9/4/2011, 9:59 pm

I have a Springfiled Armory (home accurized) wadgun a friend of mine gave me before he died. It's a little loose, and I'd like to fit a new barrel to it.

What is the general consensus on tightening the frame/slide - should I go the old fashioned way (squeeze and peen), or go with rails?

Thanks-

John

John0313

Back to top Go down

Frame & Slide tightening - Accu-rails, or the traditional route?? Empty Re: Frame & Slide tightening - Accu-rails, or the traditional route??

Post by Bryan Coyle 9/4/2011, 10:36 pm

There is no downside to rails other than the initial price. If kept reasonably lubed, they'll likely outlive you shooting BE loads. If they don't, you pay a nominal fee and upsize to the next larger.
/B

Bryan Coyle

Back to top Go down

Frame & Slide tightening - Accu-rails, or the traditional route?? Empty Re: Frame & Slide tightening - Accu-rails, or the traditional route??

Post by Scott Carroll 9/6/2011, 1:40 pm

John,
I went with rails on my Springfield Armory MilSpec when I wanted to turn it into a competitive Ball gun for EIC matches. I have been really happy with it. As Bryan said it should last a long time and it is tight and easy to re-do if it ever needs to be re-tightened.

Scott

Scott Carroll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down