Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome New Members

+181
kellyjeannepyne
bruce em
T4kxo
aritomo
dronning
Regular_Guy
StevenB
Skid
Patrick C
Wobbley
rreid
dannyboy
cwo4uscgret
jeroenw114
Hunter01
Rich/WIS
mliao2
EriK L
Profe5s0r
45ACP223
Jkvandal
3 gun Gus
RAFA1911
guncheese
LenV
asm54
Chris.P.Chicken
MrBorland
KYShooter
skillagalee
jerry lehrer
Brettitt41
polymerpride
Rodger Barthlow
Hornet1
Rob Kovach
Sa-tevp
Fire Escape
markj
Mike Tyler
Yiogo
Wingshot
BullseyeDad
Shepherd Jim
fredw4
TAJ45
Bruce M
paperseeker
rfmiller
shooter82
s1120
bdutton
shoot308
Dave C.
Rich Reedinger
nycstripes
bruce drake
LeadSlinger
Motorcycle_dan
lakesidemn
sixftunda
ddivins
Snobal
Jack H
Pistolera
SSgtG
Jim Mc
TomT
David B
Socki
AndyL51
Bob Fleming
lonegunman
d3f3nd3r
gusso
Glenn Barber
Brassburnz
durabledan
wizzer
Bigbones
BryanGA
theycallmejam
JohnV
DHENRY
Tzed250
huntingnt
pdm25150
sakurama
SMBeyer
br549
Mike45
plankie
Ira Latimer
armouredbear
Frank Hull
Spank the Monkey
gulliver62
larrupin
Tristar
Grunt
Bill Freyfogle
Bruce in ND
Henry Sapoznik
deepten
NYKenn
David Donley
Bullseye2700
dnaughtin
Stevehdz
empee
DaveMem
Joe C
Scott4547
Ron
diopter
Jon Lindemann
Bruce Neddo
1961MJS
Magnusbullets
Alan Barcon
gscammah51
SR25MK4
octgoose
rlabbe
hwevers
Fred T
Troy Wheeler
williamt2
stevenorlando
Kermit Workman
Gene Hedberg
billhallman
Kevin
chris s
2ballcane
Lee Donlon
Doug Hall
Lady Bullseye
Orion
psimica
Jim Walters
RicC.
Michael Morgan
tleddy
Richard Cox
Founder
mike.ginesi
Jerry Goldfarb
n9911c
dthughes
Marylou Garcia
Garey
Stephen518
JLK
sklarcpa
Slo cat
tk378
nglitz
Cherokee
jmatyas
GuardianAgent
KC's Kustom
Mark Patterson
SteveT
Jeff Jordan
DeweyHales
Sgt_Gold
Jdrickards
Topgun
DavidRamey
vernic82
WEB45
DavidR
penman53
Black_Talon
Al
Stu
Larry Lang
Powderman
FaisalYamin
185 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Welcome New Members  - Page 10 Empty Welcome New Members

Post by FaisalYamin 6/10/2011, 8:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Almost 1000 members!

Please sign your posts with real names and lets continue the Bullseye-L tradition on this forum

Last edited by FaisalYamin on 6/28/2011, 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
FaisalYamin
FaisalYamin

Back to top Go down

Welcome New Members  - Page 10 Empty Re: Welcome New Members

Post by Guest 7/1/2014, 7:34 pm

Welcome.  Do you live anywhere around the Chippewa Falls/Eau Claire/Bloomer area?

Chip

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich/WIS 7/2/2014, 10:36 am

Way south near Tomah, shoot at the Sparta Rod and Gun Club.

Rich/WIS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/2/2014, 12:16 pm

Lodi has a real nice long range and indoor shooting facility.  There are monthly Bullseye matches at the Oakdale Gun Club in Minnesota. It is frustration that there are few bullseye matches listed in Wisconsin's Wi-Force.  Minnesota and Iowa seem to have many more bullseye matches.  You can look them up at http://www.mrra.org/pistol.htm

Chip

Back to top Go down

Post by guncheese 7/2/2014, 7:46 pm

i used to go to the Catarct Sportsmans banquet with a buddy of mine (he lives right in front of the club) at a prime rib joint in Sparta
i would win guns he would win zip....
welcome to the group!

guncheese

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter01 9/25/2014, 11:57 am

Just Signed up, Needing to know where to look on the forum for post about someone just getting started or considering start shooting bullseye shooting. I bought a High Standard 10 X last week and it so outshoots me it ant funny. so now I have an interest.

Hunter01

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 9/25/2014, 12:36 pm

Start looking at all these links

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

http://www.bullseyepistol.com/

http://compete.nra.org/documents/pdf/compete/rulebooks/pistol/pistol-book.pdf
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by 3 gun Gus 10/12/2014, 9:40 am

Hunter01 wrote:Just Signed up, Needing to know where to look on the forum for post about someone just getting started or considering start shooting bullseye shooting. I bought a High Standard 10 X last week and it so outshoots me it ant funny. so now I have an interest.

What what part of what state are you from?

Gus
3 gun Gus
3 gun Gus

Back to top Go down

Welcome New Members  - Page 10 Empty Hi from the Netherlands

Post by jeroenw114 10/29/2014, 10:48 am

Hi,

I am Jeroen, from the Netherlands, Europe. I am a sport shooter since 1989 and am shooting competition and matches with a Benelli MP90S and S&W 686. Next to those I have a few more for the fun and to work on, always loved to work on guns.

Next to modern guns I collect and sometimes restore antique guns, if you like you can check them on http://www.oldguns.nl

I thid not know this forum and was apointed to it by a member of the smith-wessonforum.com on the moment I treid to sell a true Bullseye grip there. So my first post will be a selling add but that won't mean it should be my last.

Well, that's me.
Jeroen

jeroenw114

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 10/29/2014, 7:12 pm

Welkom. I hope you enjoy the forum. You will probably learn a bunch here and I personally think your from a great part of the wereld.

Leonhard Van Curler
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by cwo4uscgret 11/8/2014, 9:25 pm

Hello all.  Tim here aka CWO4USCGRET - most of you military types will know what it means; Retired Coast Guard Chief Warrant Officer 4 for the rest of you!

Totally retired as of August 1st this year; 4 years Navy, 26 years Coast Guard (all active duty) and the last 10-1/2 years as a Customs and Border Protection Officer on the US-Canadian Border.  I had planned my retirement but a heart attack had me stop working in mid April.  No pay check until mid September when I started getting social security and CBP's monthly checks (other then my Coast Guard retirement and VA disability checks).

When I was stationed in Cleveland, OH from 1981 - 1985 for 2 years I was part of the 9th Coast Guard District .22 Bullseye Team shooting in the Cuyahoga County Pistol League; we didn't win any matches but sure had a lot of fun!  The Coast Guard issued us S&W Model 41s - hated to give it back!  During our second season I had the distinction of being the lowest rated Marksman to receive an award; with a 226.6 something average over 30 matches I was the 26th Marksman overall!  I still have a nice little plaque for that somewhere around here.

Fast forward to now; I have a modest collection of guns; including 52 1911s of various calibers; and in the last year of so I picked up a Jess Harpe Colt Bullseye gun and (last week) a possibly Al Dinan Colt .38 Super converted to .38 Special Wadcutter gun.  On Tuesday I will go to my local FFL and pickup a Jim Clark Sr (Shreveport, LA marked) long slide .38 Special Colt.  The Dinan and the Harpe will share space and range time with a S&W Model 52-1 that I also have.

I've been shooting Silhouette Targets for work quals for the last 10-1/2 years so I will gradually try to work my way into the local gun club's informal Weekly Bullseye Shoot.  When you're used to shooting minute of center body mass that 25 yard bullseye look mighty small!

cwo4uscgret

Back to top Go down

Post by dannyboy 2/17/2015, 10:38 am

Thanks in advance for the warm welcome I am sure to receive.

My bullseye shooting experience is limited to one week at Camp Perry when I tagged along with a buddy using his gun, shooting the P100 last year. I learned a lot, and realize how little I do know, at least to some extent.

I'll search before I ask any questions, and be polite. That should cover most rules.

Active Military, currently at Ft. Bragg NC, so there I know there are different rules for going distinguished.

All in all, really looking forward to learning from here, getting better, and one day hope to get on the AMU.

dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by rreid 2/17/2015, 7:34 pm

Welcome, dannyboy
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 2/17/2015, 7:51 pm

New here.  I've regained an interest in bullseye pistol.  I did some shooting years ago as cross-training for High Power rifle.  Now I'm trying to find a recreational shooting pastime that will give me a challenge.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick C 2/19/2015, 10:00 am

New member from New Jersey. Tony Brong's blog post about the future of the sport convinced me to sign up for this forum and start participating, rather than just anonymously browse.

Shot trap and skeet and .22s growing up; wanted to try ISSF-style pistol shooting thanks to watching the Olympics on TV but I never knew where or how to start. Last year, I found a local Bullseye club online, emailed the league director, and got invited to come try it out. Great sport, and I'm enjoying the journey.

Last edited by Patrick C on 6/15/2015, 7:37 am; edited 3 times in total

Patrick C

Back to top Go down

Welcome New Members  - Page 10 Empty just checking in

Post by Skid 2/19/2015, 10:45 am

Hi all just checking in Keith Skidmore

Skid

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenB 4/11/2015, 7:51 pm

Getting into SSAA Target Pistol (same as bullseye) and thought I'd say hi.

The only big difference for us is we aren't allowed anything over 38 cal for handguns (unless you have a hi-cal permit and shoot an allowed discipline, which bullseye isn't). So I'm looking at building a 9mm 1911 (have a Norinco for a base pistol) and picked up a Hammerli 215 (got it real cheap and this is what made me look for something to use it in)

cheers
Steven

StevenB

Back to top Go down

Post by Regular_Guy 5/3/2015, 7:15 pm

New guy from South Carolina, first post. I've been a NRA Highpower shooter for a while and am trying to branch out to work on the Service Pistol and Rimfire EIC matches. I was up at the Creedmoor Eastern Games the last couple of days (my first competition higher than club level) and had a blast.

I'm intending on buying a Beretta 92 variant in the next week or so to replace the inadequate Glock 35 I have been using in the meantime. I've been shooting USPSA, but never any sort of pure target oriented handgun competition.

I'm here to learn!
Regular_Guy
Regular_Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/3/2015, 8:58 pm

Welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 5/3/2015, 10:15 pm

regular Guy said

"I'm intending on buying a Beretta 92 variant in the next week or so to replace the inadequate Glock 35 I have been using in the meantime. I've been shooting USPSA, but never any sort of pure target oriented handgun competition"

Unless your active duty and have to shoot a Beretta you should consider a 1911 first. You can shoot the 45 match, center fire match and EIC match with a 1911 (Think about a Range Officer) But if you get the Beretta 1st you will still need to pick up a .45 to fire the whole match. Just my .02 and welcome.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 5/3/2015, 10:39 pm

Welcome and +1 on getting a 1911 verses the Beretta

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Regular_Guy 5/4/2015, 7:18 am

OldMaster65 wrote:regular Guy said

"I'm intending on buying a Beretta 92 variant in the next week or so to replace the inadequate Glock 35 I have been using in the meantime. I've been shooting USPSA, but never any sort of pure target oriented handgun competition"

Unless your active duty and have to shoot a Beretta you should consider a 1911 first. You can shoot the 45 match, center fire match and EIC match with a 1911 (Think about a Range Officer) But if you get the Beretta 1st you will still need to pick up a .45 to fire the whole match. Just my .02 and welcome.

Len

I'm active duty USCG, but everything we do is self-funded (except for the lucky ones at the CG academy). I can shoot anything authorized by the comp, because it will come out of my pocket anyway. Wink  There are Gold Cups available for issue, but they're not in the best shape, we cannot do any modifications to them, and I'd be required to buy ammo for it, which I refuse to do. I'm not opposed to the 1911, but it seems like the 92s are doing better in competition and the reloading costs are slightly less. On a relatively limited budget it seemed to me like a used 92 with a KKM is the way to go, but my knowledge base on this is limited to what I've seen here and speaking to a couple folks at local comps. I'm here to learn though. Cool
Regular_Guy
Regular_Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 5/4/2015, 7:39 am

Regular_Guy,
With the recent rule changes for 1911 ammo in EIC matches, I believe the .45 is going to regain the advantage over the 92fs.

...and no matter what, you will never be able to shoot the 9mm for the .45 stage but you can always shoot a .45 for the CF stage.

Welcome to the forum!
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 5/4/2015, 7:52 am

Regular_Guy, if all you are shooting are the EIC matches the 92 is a good choice. The 1911 shooting an 185gr JHP might be a better choice now.

As pointed out by Rob while I was typing this:
The 2700 matches are comprised of 3 90 shot matches, a 90 shot 22lr Match, a 90 shot Center Fire Match (.32 and greater) and a 90 shot .45acp match. Most competitors use a .45acp for the center fire and .45 matches.

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 5/4/2015, 12:24 pm

Regular Guy,    I feel the need to point out that it is a lot less expensive to reload for the .45 then the 9mm. The cost of primers is identical for both. The 9 actually uses a larger powder charge then the .45 and the .45 has many many loads using cast lead bullets that shoot great scores. I personally don't know of any loads for the 9 that utilizes lead bullets and is accurate. There are shooters on here that are trying to find such a load but no luck so far. That means if you want to be competitive you will have to load the 9 exclusively with the more expensive (3X) jacketed bullets. Another .02 worth.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by aritomo 6/3/2015, 12:48 am

Hi - Ari Shinozaki here.  Just a new person interested in pistol shooting, and more recently BE.  Have been active about 1 1/2 years now.  Have been on an accuracy kick, and so went to a Pardini SP for 22lr.  Unfortunately in CA, finding a used BE ready 1911 45 ACP has not been fruitful, so I'm sending a used stock SA 1911 out to Clark next week for a full BE treatment and wait for a few months.  I haven't found a regular BE club in the San Jose area - any one interested in just shooting together at the range, please contact me! 
Call-out to the bullseye community:  With the help of this site and bullseyepistol.com and dry fire practice, I've notched my first personal milestone of 98 and 2X 25 yr rapid fire with the Pardini...which is a far better place than when I first tried 1-handed with my Glock - I only hit 3 scorable shots...

aritomo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next