Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know little about air pistols but ...

+7
Froneck
1joel1
BE Mike
Wobbley
jmdavis
JayhawkNavy02
beeser
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I know little about air pistols but ... - Page 2 Empty I know little about air pistols but ...

Post by beeser 4/5/2015, 4:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Admittedly, I know little about air pistols and their use in competitions but after a week of reading about the subject I can’t help to wonder why they are not more popular.  In an effort to gain proficiency in precision pistol shooting, air pistols seem to have distinct advantages over firearms, to wit:

Cost is less both initially and ongoing.
Less restrictive legally and where they can be used.  Very few US locals ban their use and a range can even be set up at most homes.
Less noise.  Ear protection used in air pistol competitions is used more for reducing distractions than protection from the gun going off.
Safer

The only disadvantage that I can think of is that you don’t get the pleasure of smelling burnt gunpowder, something that I strangely enjoy.

So, why aren’t air pistols more popular in precision shooting?  What am I missing?

(Moderators – I realize this probably doesn’t directly have anything to do with Bullseye.  Please feel free to remove the post if you find it objectionable.)

beeser

Back to top Go down

I know little about air pistols but ... - Page 2 Empty Re: I know little about air pistols but ...

Post by JayhawkNavy02 4/7/2015, 5:37 pm

Talked with Don.  Absolute class act.  Also found out there is an air rifle competiton on Wednesday at the police range.  When I get there I'll swing by his shop and get the details and post.
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2