Clean a Target... Show us!

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clean a Target... Show us!

Post by DavidR on 4/8/2015, 12:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just thought we could all use some Positive Reinforcement so I made this a "sticky" which means its always at the top in this topic. So when you shoot a clean target and want to hoot a little post it here for all to see!  cheers

Here is what I did last night at our weekly indoor league, 50 ft on the NRA reduced target, shot Timed fire style in four strings of 5 shots, we hang two targets at a time. 100 6x and a 100 7x this was a first for me to clean two in the same set of targets. Ended with a 493 26x out of possible 500.

DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Clean a Target... Show us!

Post by joy2shoot on 9/28/2017, 10:01 am

Nice shooting Chris.  A 100 at 50 yards is no common feat, but I think this is your second in a relatively short period of time.

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by tceva on 9/30/2017, 6:02 am

Talk about motivation.  The targets are fantastic, but how about some details?  Maybe gun, load, etc.
Not that the guy holding has anything to do with it.  Smile
tceva

Back to top Go down

Post by xmastershooter on 10/3/2017, 9:39 am

These two are my favorite keepers to instill a positive frame of mind.
The first one was scored by Steve Reiter at the Canton Regionals with Jim Henderson adjacent.  They were so loose and joked around the entire match.  I got a couple of souvenir 9mm rounds from Jim, one of which he autographed his initials.  This was shot from a borrowed H208s which was not adjusted to my hand and trigger finger and it didn't feel right the whole time. (The month was actually July and not June)

The second one was during practice just before the range was closing.  Cleaned with the .22 and with no more time to change the target, cleaned a tighter group with the .45.  This target is mounted on my gun box because it has special meaning for this novice when I had just started to shoot NRA approved matches for the first year.  At that time I didn't know about different powders, loads, springs, and all the fine details discussed in the Bullseye-List and Forum.

xmastershooter

Back to top Go down

Post by bdas on 10/12/2017, 2:07 pm

My first 100 in slow fire (at 25yds indoor)...

bdas

https://sites.google.com/site/davesguninfo/home

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris_La on 10/21/2017, 11:49 pm

Shot first rapid fire clean target today. Outdoor, windy, 25yr, SK Standard+ ammo.

Boris_La

Back to top Go down

Post by sbtzc on 11/8/2017, 10:28 am

A first!  cheers

sbtzc

Back to top Go down

Post by joy2shoot on 11/12/2017, 11:05 am

I want to thank Larry McCorkle and Dave Salyer for making me feel welcome to my first match at Charlotte Rifle and Pistol.  It is a beautiful facility and it was a pleasure to shoot there.

The day was sunny and the temperature was in the mid 30s when the match started, but during the course of the day, it rose to a comfortable high 40s.  Because of an elbow injury I had to stop shooting three gun (till injury is healed) and have been shooting .22 Only for most of the season.  Therefore, the 'CF' score you see in the photo was shot with a .22.  (p.s. yeah, I know, I need to work on SF.)

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum