Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ?

+18
DavidR
Ghillieman
H_T_Davis
Jack H
Sa-tevp
Rob Kovach
Brian Mason
45 MIKE
Vociferous
carykiteboarder
dronning
jwax
john bickar
jmdavis
DeweyHales
Schaumannk
LenV
C.Perkins
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ? Empty Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ?

Post by C.Perkins 4/9/2015, 5:03 pm

Was online a few weeks ago trying to decide what I wanted to acquire for an iron sighted .22 to use since I do not own one.

Thought about a new Marvel or Nelson conversion with the iron sight ribs.

Nelson was out of theirs and marvel also.
So thought there was a run on them to get prepped for the new .22 badge.
Or maybe they were just plain sold out just because.

I shoot a Marvel conversion with the scope rib so ordered the combo rib for it so can shoot with the irons and be able to mount the scope when needed which would be most of the time.

So basically I purchased another .22 for the price of a combo rib.

Anyone else dragging out their iron sighted .22's, buying a conversion or a combo rib ?

Clarence
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ? Empty Re: Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ?

Post by LenV 4/9/2015, 5:16 pm

Well, sorta, kinda. Does taking your dot off your spare M41 and taking it to the range and seeing if the iron sights are still on count? Then yes, I am getting prepared for the 22 match. I am actually looking forward to it. It was amazing at last months 2700 how few shooters had even heard of it. Might be a low turnout till word gets to everyone. I plan on shooting the 41 this month for the 22 portion of the 2700. You can practice for the Distinguished by keeping your pistol in the International ready position until the target turns.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ? Empty Re: Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ?

Post by Schaumannk 4/9/2015, 7:10 pm

Great minds think alike.   I got out the iron sights rib I bought to put on my spare Marvel, only to find that the dang rib is on so tight, I can't get it off.
Gunsmith may be in order.  
I would prefer to shoot my AW-93 already set up for international, but with the recoil buffer, it seems to be one of those excluded guns.

At least the CMP has it listed on the schedule for Camp Perry so maybe people will notice. 

I think the first one will be at the CMP games in Oklahoma this weekend.    It will be interesting to see the scores.  I wanted to be there, but just could not make it.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales 4/9/2015, 7:14 pm

I've been shooting my 22 matches this way for a few matches. It's tough.

Why is the AW-93 not allowed?  That's what I'm using.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk 4/9/2015, 7:17 pm

DeweyHales wrote:I've been shooting my 22 matches this way for a few matches. It's tough.

Why is the AW-93 not allowed?  That's what I'm using.
It has a recoil buffer.    As I read the rules, guns with recoil buffers are not allowed.  

You can take it off, and maybe that would be OK, but it leaves the AW very muzzle light, when you do.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 4/9/2015, 7:47 pm

Does the AW-93 have a non weighted compensator style buffer? I think that was the limit but an email to CMP might be called for. My plan is to shoot the Nygord Pardini. It's old enough not to have the adjustable weights, but still keeps the muzzle down, just fine.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk 4/9/2015, 7:57 pm

jmdavis wrote:Does the AW-93 have a non weighted compensator style buffer? I think that was the limit but an email to CMP might be called for. My plan is to shoot the Nygord Pardini. It's old enough not to have the adjustable weights, but still keeps the muzzle down, just fine.
Not really. It adds quite a bit of weight.  It is a very high tech spring like shock absorber.  I can't imagine it actually being legal because I suspect that it is exactly the type of gun, the rules were written to exclude.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 4/9/2015, 8:05 pm

I'm not sure that they were meant to exclude weighted muzzles or even weight systems with springs. Here is the wording. Note the venting...

CMP Rules wrote:Any system of recoil control based on a compensator, barrel venting, barrel porting or other recoil reduction system operating in a similar manner is prohibited. '

A weight system is not operating in a a similar manner to any of the above. It seems like they went a long way to leave out weight based systems. If the AW93 wasn't legal, I wouldn't think the Pardini SP New or Bullseye SP would be either.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 4/9/2015, 8:09 pm

Compare the above to the section on the Service Pistol for this year,

Any system of recoil control based on a compensator, barrel venting, barrel porting, moveable weights or other recoil reduction system is not permitted. 
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk 4/9/2015, 8:12 pm

I don't think they intended the new Pardini, the Bullseye SP, or the AW-93 to be legal.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 4/9/2015, 8:14 pm

Someone shooting one will come along and ask the CMP, then we will know for sure, but they made a point to put weight systems under the Service Pistols and not to put it under the .22.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 4/9/2015, 8:17 pm

Does shooting international pistol for 20+ years count?

If so, then yes, I am "prepping". Laughing
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 4/9/2015, 8:19 pm

John Bickar wrote:Does shooting international pistol for 20+ years count?

If so, then yes, I am "prepping". Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ? Icon_lol

I'm hoping that your Standard pistol skills are so rusty you forget the lift. Not really. I'm actually expecting you to be one of the first few to earn the badge if you decide to do it.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 4/9/2015, 8:52 pm

john bickar wrote:Does shooting international pistol for 20+ years count?

If so, then yes, I am "prepping". Laughing

I am pretty sure they would consider that prepping. The problem is they are probably going to make us shoot the match and not just send out the award. I also spent some time shooting Standard Pistol. I think I still remember how. I hope I don't keep dropping the pistol back down after the first round. I probably have fired 10x as many Sport Pistol matches as Standard Pistol. Oh well, back to loading bullets. Found this old thing laying around in the gun room.

Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ? Dscf0415
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 4/9/2015, 9:33 pm

jmdavis wrote:
John Bickar wrote:Does shooting international pistol for 20+ years count?

If so, then yes, I am "prepping". Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ? Icon_lol

I'm hoping that your Standard pistol skills are so rusty you forget the lift. Not really. I'm actually expecting you to be one of the first few to earn the badge if you decide to do it.

Not likely to be me, due to lack of opportunity. It took me a few years to earn my Distinguished Revolver; Northern California is not the bullseye oasis that Northeast Ohio is.

I mean, I'll probably hold my own in the .22 Distinguished matches in my area, though Laughing
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 4/9/2015, 9:35 pm

OldMaster65 wrote: The problem is they are probably going to make us shoot the match and not just send out the award.

That's why we play the game.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by jwax 4/9/2015, 9:44 pm

Would somebody provide a link to the allowable pistols? Thanks!
jwax
jwax

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 4/9/2015, 9:54 pm

There is no list of approved .22 pistols. There are criteria for approved pistols.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 4/9/2015, 10:16 pm

jmdavis wrote:Compare the above to the section on the Service Pistol for this year,

Any system of recoil control based on a compensator, barrel venting, barrel porting, moveable weights or other recoil reduction system is not permitted. 

The copy of the rules I just pulled up (19th Edition—2015) read as follows:
Any system of recoil control based on a compensator, barrel venting,
barrel porting or other recoil reduction system operating in a similar
manner is prohibited.

Says nothing about moveable weights?? The way this reads is any "gas operated" recoil system isn't allowed. Would sprung weights pass?

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 4/9/2015, 10:31 pm

The service pistol specifies that weights are not allowed. The .22 does not mention weights. 

I copied both from the new rule book.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ? Empty I think the FWB, Pardini, Walther, etc ARE legal

Post by carykiteboarder 4/9/2015, 10:41 pm

Why do I think so?  
From the rulebook:

"6.3.1 General Service Pistol Requirements
barrel porting, moveable weights or other recoil reduction system is not
permitted."

"6.4.2  Standard Smallbore Pistol Requirements
barrel porting or other recoil reduction system operating in a similar
manner is prohibited."

The differences in these requirements cannot be accidental.  For the .22, moveable weight systems ARE PERMITTED because they are NOT venting/porting and because that language has been deliberately omitted.

I'm not an authority, just reading the rules critically and carefully.  I hope I'm right because I'm planning to shoot my Pardini SPBE at Camp Butner in three weeks.
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vociferous 4/10/2015, 6:37 am

Does anyone know at what point I have to raise my pistol off of the bench?  I understand I can't raise until the target turns, but could I keep it on the bench until that time?  Just trying to get my shot process right.
-PC
Vociferous
Vociferous

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 4/10/2015, 7:03 am

Your pistol must be at International Ready and off the bench before the target turns. If you are unable, due to bench height, to be at the ready position, the pistol must still be in a low(er) position and off the bench before the sustained fire stages.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales 4/10/2015, 7:11 am

Phil, we've been in the ready position during the "ready on the" portion of commands. Clark and Willie are looking into exact timings. Matches will start soon, and we'll know. 

My reading of the rules says my AW-93 will be out there. If it's disallowed, I've got plenty of other 22s that'll be fine. I'm shooting all irons. It'll be fine no matter.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by 45 MIKE 4/10/2015, 7:38 am

When are they running the 22 match if you look at the Perry calendar it looks like it is during the
Service Pistol Warmup match
45 MIKE
45 MIKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next