Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ?

+18
DavidR
Ghillieman
H_T_Davis
Jack H
Sa-tevp
Rob Kovach
Brian Mason
45 MIKE
Vociferous
carykiteboarder
dronning
jwax
john bickar
jmdavis
DeweyHales
Schaumannk
LenV
C.Perkins
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ? - Page 3 Empty Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ?

Post by C.Perkins 4/9/2015, 5:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Was online a few weeks ago trying to decide what I wanted to acquire for an iron sighted .22 to use since I do not own one.

Thought about a new Marvel or Nelson conversion with the iron sight ribs.

Nelson was out of theirs and marvel also.
So thought there was a run on them to get prepped for the new .22 badge.
Or maybe they were just plain sold out just because.

I shoot a Marvel conversion with the scope rib so ordered the combo rib for it so can shoot with the irons and be able to mount the scope when needed which would be most of the time.

So basically I purchased another .22 for the price of a combo rib.

Anyone else dragging out their iron sighted .22's, buying a conversion or a combo rib ?

Clarence
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ?

Post by Sa-tevp 4/12/2015, 8:37 am

Would a urethane buffer in a slide be allowed? Some pistols come with this standard and it can be added to others, like the S&W M41.
Sa-tevp
Sa-tevp

Back to top Go down

Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ?

Post by Jack H 4/12/2015, 1:31 pm

I would use one of the longer barreled High Standards I have.  The 6.75" Tournament or Space gun barrels will be perfect.  Or the 10X.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 4/12/2015, 6:27 pm

Remember the overall sight radius limit before you go with too long of a barrel. The sight radius cannot be more than, 10 inches. That may well rule out the 7.5 and longer barrels. My High Standard Victor is 8-7/16 from the rear sight to the highest point of the front sight. The 6.75 may be ok, but I would measure it. 

The Pardini is 8-9/16 from the rear to the highest point of the front sight. 

Rules wrote:The pistol may have only open sights. Optical sights are not permitted. The rear sight may be adjustable, but must have an open “U” or 38 rectangular notch. Extended or adjustable front sights are not permitted. The total sight radius may not be more than 10.0 inches as measured from the rear surface of the rear sight to the highest point of the front sight. 
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 4/12/2015, 7:00 pm

jmdavis wrote:Remember the overall sight radius limit before you go with too long of a barrel. The sight radius cannot be more than, 10 inches. That may well rule out the 7.5 and longer barrels. My High Standard Victor is 8-7/16 from the rear sight to the highest point of the front sight. The 6.75 may be ok, but I would measure it. 

The Pardini is 8-9/16 from the rear to the highest point of the front sight. 

Rules wrote:The pistol may have only open sights. Optical sights are not permitted. The rear sight may be adjustable, but must have an open “U” or 38 rectangular notch. Extended or adjustable front sights are not permitted. The total sight radius may not be more than 10.0 inches as measured from the rear surface of the rear sight to the highest point of the front sight. 
Do not worry.  The 6.75" barrels are 9.5" sight radius.  Shot with them in the 70s.

To be more exact, the space gun barrel is 9.5".  The Tournament barrel is 9.25".  And the 7 3/8" S&W 41 barrel is 9.25".  And the Ruger Mk II with the long heavy taper barrel is 9.5" with a Volquartsen rear sight.  Those companies did not make them that way by accident.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 4/12/2015, 7:56 pm

Sa-tevp wrote:Would a urethane buffer in a slide be allowed? Some pistols come with this standard and it can be added to others, like the S&W M41.

I wondered the same thing. Mine is sitting in the bottom of the pistol box because it was buffering it too much and caused some feed problems with some ammo. I took Roddys advice and removed it. I never could feel any difference and it is there more to protect the pistol from damage then reduce recoil. For 30 shots if I still had it in I would remove it for the match.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by H_T_Davis 4/13/2015, 9:49 pm

There were at least 2 Pardini SPs shooting in the first relay of the match at the OK CMP Games.  At least one of them was the new SP1.  Gary Anderson was surveying the line after the first relay and he did not have any objections.  The only point of contention seemed to be some of the porting on Hi-Standards.

H_T_Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales 4/14/2015, 7:06 am

The reason comped guns are prohibited is that it isn't always fun to shoot next to one. Anything else goes in an effort to draw the maximum crowd possible while potentially getting people interested in International pistol.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman 4/15/2015, 3:06 am

Let's put this to rest. 

I shot the 22 EIC match in Oklahoma with my Pardini SP older version with 4 internal spring weights and Nygord orthopedic grip. I was NOT disqualified as having a recoil compensating device. It was made very clear that the rule was intended to exclude pistols with a gas operated recoil reduction device. Your AW93 is legal, as long as it does not have a ported barrel.
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ? - Page 3 Empty Low ready timing in OK

Post by carykiteboarder 4/15/2015, 7:13 am

Dan,
At the match in OK, when in the command sequence do they require the low ready position?  Is it after "Ready on the left" and prior to "Ready on the firing line"?
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Perkins 4/15/2015, 8:44 am

Ghillieman wrote:Let's put this to rest. 

I shot the 22 EIC match in Oklahoma with my Pardini SP older version with 4 internal spring weights and Nygord orthopedic grip. I was NOT disqualified as having a recoil compensating device. It was made very clear that the rule was intended to exclude pistols with a gas operated recoil reduction device. Your AW93 is legal, as long as it does not have a ported barrel.

If that is the case then could they not have added a couple more sentences to the rule to make it more clear ?
Who writes these things Laughing.
In my mind(for what that is worth...), a compensator is anything in a firearm to compensate for recoil, whether it be weights and springs or gas venting.(anything that reduces recoil or muzzle flip).
But thats just me.

Clarence
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 4/15/2015, 8:45 am

Ghillieman wrote:Let's put this to rest. 

Thanks Dan for the clarification, that is exactly the way the rule reads.

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman 4/15/2015, 11:52 am

carykiteboarder wrote:Dan,
At the match in OK, when in the command sequence do they require the low ready position?  Is it after "Ready on the left" and prior to "Ready on the firing line"?
There was some talk between Gary Anderson and the guy running the match about being more specific with the ready position. They felt that maybe changing the range commands to the ISSF type commands would work better and clear any confusion. As it was at the Oklahoma match, the command "is the line ready" signaled the shooter to assume the low ready position. "Ready on the left, ready on the right, all ready on the firing line." The targets turned then you raised the pistol to fire.
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by H_T_Davis 4/15/2015, 12:23 pm

All they need to do, in my opinion, is treat "all ready on the firing line" in the same way that "attention" is treated in international matches.  Suspending your pistol for the whole sequence of commands without being able to compulsively raise and lower the pistol is very slightly annoying.

Perhaps they should consider facing the targets prior to the command sequence for the second magazine, as well.

H_T_Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 4/15/2015, 4:36 pm

hey Tom "H-T-Davis"you should tell them about your win at the CMP games!! I heard you took the very first awarded leg points!
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anyone prepping for the .22 distinguished badge ? - Page 3 Empty CMP clarifies that moveable weights are PERMITTED

Post by carykiteboarder 4/26/2015, 4:13 pm

For anyone reading the prior discussion regarding eligibility of Pardini SP, FWB AW93, etc. the issue is unequivocally resolved. The CMP has posted instructions for conducting CMP .22 Rimfire Pistol EIC Matches.  The following is quoted from that document:

Recoil reduction systems that use venting or porting are not permitted. Pistols with moveable weights (Pardini, etc.) are permitted.

Here is a link: http://thecmp.org/instructions-for-cmp-22-rimfire-pistol-eic-matches/
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 4/26/2015, 7:49 pm

As Forest Gump might say, "One less thing." Thanks for the updated information.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Lee 5/18/2015, 4:58 pm

I will be dusting off my Domino 602 for rimfire distinguished. The gun is outstanding in rapid fire especially from the international ready position. Shot international events most of my days.  Right now I am testing different ammo to see what the gun will take feeding wise. Then I will try to find one or two brands that work well. So far everything has fed. CCI, Wolf, SK, RWS rifle target, Aguilla super extra and rifle match. 

See you there,

Dr.

Dr.Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by ric1911a1 5/23/2015, 8:45 pm

What scores in Oklahoma received points?

Ric
ric1911a1
ric1911a1

Back to top Go down

Post by dstates 5/23/2015, 11:06 pm

I don't know about Oklahoma, but a 273 won points at Milan, IL last Sunday.

dstates

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 5/24/2015, 12:13 am

It took a 277 to get a leg in Oklahoma. There were three legs awarded. 8 (285), 6 (278), 6 (277)
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by brassmaster 6/1/2015, 4:03 pm

May 16th & 17th, we held our annual regional championships and were fortunate to have a SSGT from the Marine Corps Shooting Team, Quantico, VA participate. In addition to a 2700, we also held a DR, EIC Service Pistol and our first .22 EIC Leg Match. 16 competitors entered. Fortunately, the SSGT. had already participated in a couple matches and was well-versed in procedure by the shooting team commander and he held a brief seminar before the match as except for him, all other participants were newbies.
Not surprising the masters, experts & sharpshooters gave a good account of themselves, posting surprising good scores. Not surprising was slow fire scores which obviously need work, except for the SSGT. who had a good slow fire target, a 99 TF and cleaned the RF target for a 292x8. This is the guy that also only dropped 11 points behind his 1911 .45
brassmaster
brassmaster

http://www.whitehorsecenter.org, click on Brassmasters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3