Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Perry CMP EIC/NTI match stupid question...

+6
Dr.Don
Skid
Outthere
Schaumannk
DeweyHales
C.Perkins
10 posters

Go down

Camp Perry CMP EIC/NTI match stupid question... Empty Camp Perry CMP EIC/NTI match stupid question...

Post by C.Perkins Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:36 pm

I have never been to Perry and wanting a little information about getting a hard leg(10 or 8 pointer).
I see that there is an EIC match at the beginning of the week and an NTI match at the end of the week.
Always thought that the NTI was the match to shoot for a hard leg(10 pointer).
Now I just noticed an EIC match at the beginning of the week of shooting.
I would assume that you could get a hard leg at this match and also a second attempt for a hard leg at the NTI match if you shot the whole week ?
If I were to go to Perry and could not be there the whole week was going to just show up and shoot the last day doing the Presidents 100 and the NTI. (would like a shot at the P100 and get my hard leg during the NTI)
Or could I go at the beginning of the week and shoot the EIC and the .22 EIC and get points toward a hard leg on both the ball gun and the .22 ?
I know, stupid question but would hate to drive all that way for not getting what I wanted to do.

Clarence
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Camp Perry CMP EIC/NTI match stupid question... Empty Re: Camp Perry CMP EIC/NTI match stupid question...

Post by DeweyHales Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:54 pm

The first match is a warm up match. They give tshirts and not leg points. 

You want the final day.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Camp Perry CMP EIC/NTI match stupid question... Empty Re: Camp Perry CMP EIC/NTI match stupid question...

Post by Schaumannk Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:42 pm

DeweyHales wrote:The first match is a warm up match. They give tshirts and not leg points. 

You want the final day.
This is incorrect.   
 They give T shirts for the Harry Reeves, commemorative coins for the warm up.  

Last year, the first match was a President's Hundred Warm up match, with no significance for EIC.  

This year there is a second Service Pistol EIC match instead, of the President's Hundred warm up that will be shot on Tuesday.

I don't know how the points are awarded Clarence, but it is a second bite at the Apple for LEG points and with all the people at Perry there should be at least a few 10 and eight point LEGs, unless it runs under the same rules as the NTI, where that all LEGs will be 10 points.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:50 pm

My bad, Clarence. They keep changing everything. I cannot keep it straight. Kate seems to be up on everything though.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:59 pm

DeweyHales wrote:My bad, Clarence. They keep changing everything. I cannot keep it straight. Kate seems to be up on everything though.
I wouldn't know, if I hadn't entered a couple of days ago.   They seem to change stuff every year, without any notice.....   Wink

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by Outthere Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:48 am

Did they change the number of EIC matches that you can shoot in a given year?

Thanks.
Outthere
Outthere

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:14 am

Mr. Perkins thanks for asking the question I didn't understand that either having never shot pistol at Perry. As for the hard leg points I've always been told they only give 10pts at Perry.

Skid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Don Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:50 am

I legged out in 1991.  But when I was shooting Perry the Civilians got only 10 point legs.  The military guys got 6, 8, or 10 depending upon placement.  In essence everyone was placed by score, but any Civilian who got a leg was awarded 10 points instead of the 6 or 8 he may have "won" by his place in the stack.  Could be different now.
Dr.Don
Dr.Don

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Perkins Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:03 am

Thank you all for the clarification.

Clarence
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:13 pm

Outthere wrote:Did they change the number of EIC matches that you can shoot in a given year?

Thanks.
I think it is now five, and the Tuesday EIC at Camp Perry counts as one of them, but the NTI does not.  

I shot Phoenix, so that means I have three others this year that I can shoot other than the Tuesday EIC at Camp Perry.    I won't shoot Canton because if I do, I will be getting to Perry very late in the evening, so, I guess, The Colorado State regional, the Wyoming state Match so we can award a LEG, and Bristol.   That will be it for me, unless I LEG out at Perry this year.  When that happens I will shoot them all.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by rreid Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:59 pm

I saw the calendar where it shows an EIC match on Tuesday, but this page says it's the warm up match and makes no mention of EIC points for it.
http://thecmp.org/competitions/cmp-national-matches/national-pistol-matches/national-trophy-pistol-matches/.
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:04 pm

rreid wrote:I saw the calendar where it shows an EIC match on Tuesday, but this page says it's the warm up match and makes no mention of EIC points for it.
http://thecmp.org/competitions/cmp-national-matches/national-pistol-matches/national-trophy-pistol-matches/.
If you go to actually register for the matches, the information differs.  Looks like someone just updated the web site without bothering to change that page.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by dstates Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:29 pm

Here is the text from the page where you start registering with the CMP for Perry.  From the way I read it, if it counts for one of you 5 EIC matches, then they should be awarding points.

"National Trophy Pistol Match week begins with the Pistol Small Arms Firing School and M9 Pistol EIC Match on 5-6 July. Competitiors check-in for Small Arms Firing School on Sunday 5 July.  We will continue on 7 July with a CMP EIC Service Pistol Match and the new CMP .22 Rimfire EIC Pistol Match.  The CMP EIC Service Pistol Match will be a regular EIC Service Pistol match and will count as one of your five allowed matches for the year.  The week concludes with the National Trophy Pistol Matches on 12 July."

dstates

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:38 pm

Clarence,
The Wisconsin team has space in the huts for you if you decide to make the trip. If you are able to spend the whole week, you can carpool with us and save some gas money.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Perkins Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:55 am

Rob Kovach wrote:Clarence,
The Wisconsin team has space in the huts for you if you decide to make the trip. If you are able to spend the whole week, you can carpool with us and save some gas money.

Rob, thanks for the offer.

Looks like we are finally warming up to spring time, frost seems to be out of the ground.
Got work around the new home.
Build a fence to contain the dog and level the home in certain places and clean up a couple acres of pine needles and trim trees.
All in due time, then find a job and back to work.
Got to love god's country, liking it so far.

Clarence
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Post by brassmaster Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:45 pm

The number of Leg Matches that a competitor may enter in a calendar year effective 2015:
19th Edition Rule Book, 02-05-15
9.2.2 EIC Match Eligibility for Non-Distinguished Civilians
"One National Trophy Individual Match"
"A maximum of five (5) CMP Sanctioned Service Rifle or Service Pistol EIC Matches."
"The scores of any competitor who fires in more than five (5) EIC Matches in one calendar year will not be counted in determining EIC credit points."
brassmaster
brassmaster

http://www.whitehorsecenter.org, click on Brassmasters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down