Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cross fire discovered in SF

+13
dronning
CR10X
Jerry Keefer
rich.tullo
Froneck
Jon Eulette
john bickar
james r chapman
DavidR
Schaumannk
Rob Kovach
sixftunda
Jack H
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cross fire discovered in SF - Page 3 Empty Cross fire discovered in SF

Post by Jack H 5/4/2015, 10:42 am

First topic message reminder :

If during SF you spot a shot on your target from your neighbor, do you nudge the neighbor right then and say thanks for the ten.  ha ha
Then your neighbor says "just trying to help" 

Or do you wait and sort out the score s later.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Cross fire discovered in SF - Page 3 Empty Re: Cross fire discovered in SF

Post by LenV 5/8/2015, 5:12 pm

"Lots of people have found they shoot better by setting all their triggers the same. " Can we agree to disagree? I think only shooters shooting 1911 conversions would ever crank their 22s up that far (or can). Actually I have shot quite a few matches with the triggers all the same weight (2.5 lbs) but shooting wheel guns for the whole match is not every ones cup of tea. I even prefer shooting the centerfire with some caliber other than .45 so I can set the trigger down to 2.5 lbs. For training purposes I could go along with higher trigger pulls. I am pretty sure my scores would go down if I did though. Hmmm did we crossfire the OP enough yet?

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Cross fire discovered in SF - Page 3 Empty Excessive Hits!, Oh, no, what do I do?

Post by Richard Ashmore 6/12/2015, 2:07 pm

Jack H wrote:If during SF you spot a shot on your target from your neighbor, do you nudge the neighbor right then and say thanks for the ten.  ha ha
Then your neighbor says "just trying to help" 

Or do you wait and sort out the score s later.

This is the procedure on Range 4 at Camp Perry-

Situation 1- Competitor notices extra hits, calls range personnel.  Range personnel instruct competitor to complete his/her string.  If Scorer and Competitor Can Agree on Which Shots Are Cross Fired, Range Personnel don't need to be involved.  

Situation 2- Competitor notices extra hits, calls range personnel.  Range personnel instruct competitor to complete his/her string.  If Scorer and Competitor Can Not Agree on Which Shots Are Cross Fired: Excessive Hits rule is applied.

If excessive hits are first noticed while scoring, same procedure.
Richard Ashmore
Richard Ashmore

Back to top Go down

Cross fire discovered in SF - Page 3 Empty Re: Cross fire discovered in SF

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3