.32 ACP brass availability?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

.32 ACP brass availability?

Post by beeser on 5/5/2015, 9:05 pm

Anybody know where .32 ACP brass is available.  I wanted to stick with Starline but they apparently won't be making any until later this year.

beeser

Posts : 920
Join date : 2014-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: .32 ACP brass availability?

Post by LenV on 5/5/2015, 9:29 pm

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=482022963


or make your own by pulling a trigger.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=482082919
avatar
LenV

Posts : 1981
Join date : 2014-01-24
Age : 67
Location : Oargun

Back to top Go down

Re: .32 ACP brass availability?

Post by jbzeus on 5/6/2015, 5:21 pm

Speaking of .32 ACP brass and reloading...

If I were to take the second option of purchasing commercial rounds what is the preferred brand?  I've seen Fiochhi, Geco, Privi, CCI Blazer, Federal, PMC etc. for sale as loaded rounds.  My thinking would be to purchase the loaded rounds then use the brass for reloads.

Geco is really RWS?  Heard it's a little hotter than what we might reload but it lists at 984FPS but Fiocchi runs 1150FPS?  S&B 1043FPS?  Seems not as hot?

Or.. does brass really matter?  Planning on acquiring a Pardini SP to shoot it in.

jbzeus

Posts : 21
Join date : 2015-04-02

Back to top Go down

Re: .32 ACP brass availability?

Post by beeser on 5/6/2015, 7:04 pm

jbzeus wrote:Speaking of .32 ACP brass and reloading...

If I were to take the second option of purchasing commercial rounds what is the preferred brand?  I've seen Fiochhi, Geco, Privi, CCI Blazer, Federal, PMC etc. for sale as loaded rounds.  My thinking would be to purchase the loaded rounds then use the brass for reloads.

Geco is really RWS?  Heard it's a little hotter than what we might reload but it lists at 984FPS but Fiocchi runs 1150FPS?  S&B 1043FPS?  Seems not as hot?

Or.. does brass really matter?  Planning on acquiring a Pardini SP to shoot it in.
I believe PardiniUSA recommends these ....

http://www.hornady.com/store/32-Auto-60-gr-XTP/

I shot some today for the first time with my SP.

beeser

Posts : 920
Join date : 2014-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: .32 ACP brass availability?

Post by jbzeus on 5/6/2015, 7:20 pm

I haven't bought factory for quite awhile.  Whew, 65+ cents per round depending on where you buy it.

jbzeus

Posts : 21
Join date : 2015-04-02

Back to top Go down

Re: .32 ACP brass availability?

Post by LenV on 5/6/2015, 7:45 pm

I guess you didn't look at this one. That is .33 for loaded ammo. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=482269680
avatar
LenV

Posts : 1981
Join date : 2014-01-24
Age : 67
Location : Oargun

Back to top Go down

Re: .32 ACP brass availability?

Post by beeser on 5/6/2015, 8:45 pm

jbzeus wrote:I haven't bought factory for quite awhile.  Whew, 65+ cents per round depending on where you buy it.
You can get the same ammo for about 55 cents per round elsewhere but that's about the cheapest I've found online.  The Hornady 60 gr. bullet itself is not cheap either, which is the reason some of us are looking for a LSWC alternative.

beeser

Posts : 920
Join date : 2014-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: .32 ACP brass availability?

Post by carykiteboarder on 5/6/2015, 8:50 pm

It might be obvious to many but to clarify just in case...

When someone is shooting .32ACP in their Pardini it must be either an SP Bullseye Edition (SPBE) or a Pardini HP.  The .32 conversion will NOT fit the "regular" Pardini SP (Mechanical, etc)

Put another way:
In a Pardini SPBE, you can shoot .22LR or .32 with a conversion.
In a Pardini HP you can shoot .32 or .22LR with a conversion.
In a Pardini SP (Mechanical, Electronic, Rapid Fire, ...) you can ONLY shoot .22
avatar
carykiteboarder

Posts : 95
Join date : 2014-10-29
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: .32 ACP brass availability?

Post by beeser on 5/6/2015, 9:03 pm

carykiteboarder wrote:It might be obvious to many but to clarify just in case...

When someone is shooting .32ACP in their Pardini it must be either an SP Bullseye Edition (SPBE) or a Pardini HP.  The .32 conversion will NOT fit the "regular" Pardini SP (Mechanical, etc)

Put another way:
In a Pardini SPBE, you can shoot .22LR or .32 with a conversion.
In a Pardini HP you can shoot .32 or .22LR with a conversion.
In a Pardini SP (Mechanical, Electronic, Rapid Fire, ...) you can ONLY shoot .22
Thanks for clarifying that for us.  The SP that I have is actually a SPBE.

BTW, I was somewhat disappointed with my first outing with the .32 ACP conversion.  The recoil was much more than expected using the Hornady 60 gr. XTP.  I can see why there has been problems already with scope rings not holding.  The gun also holds nowhere near the .22lr zero making a separate receiver at least desirable.

beeser

Posts : 920
Join date : 2014-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: .32 ACP brass availability?

Post by dronning on 5/6/2015, 10:57 pm

beeser wrote: ....The gun also holds nowhere near the .22lr zero making a separate receiver at least desirable.

There is a thread about mounting the scope on the barrel/conversion verses the frame. It might have been over on the targettalk site.

- Dave
avatar
dronning

Posts : 1241
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 63
Location : Lakeville, MN

Back to top Go down

Re: .32 ACP brass availability?

Post by BKReloader on 6/18/2015, 2:32 pm

Rocky Mountain Reloading has .32 ACP primed, never fired brass for sale!

http://shop.rmrbullets.com/32-Auto-32-ACP-Brass_c60.htm

$0.10/case for 1,000  

Smaller quantities are available as well.
avatar
BKReloader

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-06-18

Back to top Go down

Re: .32 ACP brass availability?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum