Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Micro mounting options

+5
C.Perkins
DavidR
rich.tullo
jmdavis
Jerry Keefer
9 posters

Go down

Micro mounting options Empty Micro mounting options

Post by Jerry Keefer Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:37 am

Jon and I were talking about frame mounts for the micro.  A shooter sent me this, but not in time to try it out this year.. .. The possibilities for this style  mount is great with a flat topped slide, and the mount custom machined for that distance.  Switch to the David Sams silver soldered steel base plate for strength. Interesting..
http://www.doublealpha.biz/micro-aimpoint-mount-combo-deal?osCsid=df2f7aca9981b5d78e92fb65cc40aafe
Jerry Keefer
Jerry Keefer

Back to top Go down

Micro mounting options Empty Re: Micro mounting options

Post by jmdavis Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:13 am

That is a SLICK idea.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:25 am

I really like the Kodiak mount, I am able to run a #12 recoil spring on my bear shooting 185gn HPswc over 4.1 WST. Might work with #13 and 200gn. 

I am using a Primary Arms dot, it works good but its still new, anyone have experience with these? 

100% flawless so far, mount screws required blue locktite but over all it works good. 

Why do mount cos insist on putting the mount over the ejector port? 

And does that mount work with the wegland 5 hole pattern?
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:13 pm

I like that mount but don't like that the dot is mounted sideways, wonder if that would cause any issues when zeroing, being the adjustment knobs are not oriented as to how it was designed to be used.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Perkins Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:50 pm

DavidR wrote:I like that mount but don't like that the dot is mounted sideways, wonder if that would cause any issues when zeroing, being the adjustment knobs are not oriented as to how it was designed to be used.

David;

It should not matter and I will say it again this way" it should NOT matter".
Just remember that now your UP and DOWN are your LEFT and RIGHT adjustments.
Your LEFT and RIGHT are your UP and DOWN adjustments.

It is just like doing a box test to see if your scope will return to zero like I do on my rifles.

Clarence
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:51 pm

But if you adjust the down dial it won't go down.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Quite a while ago someone came out with a similar mount, it may have been a grip mount. Few of the scopes back then had a split washer type device similar to a snap ring for the elevation and windage graduations with an arrow to show direction. It was an easy task to switch them. Elevation worked OK but the arrow was pointing the wrong way for windage. As far as I can recall the scope worked OK being turned 90 degrees. The grip mount was no good! Probably because they were die cast Aluminum or pot metal

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:57 pm

Ya made me look.  For us unwashed without fancy machinery and stuff who are stuck with plain old Weaver type mounts...

My Roddy made 45 with Clark rail and H-1 sight, the centers of bore and sight are 1 and 7/16 apart.

With a 30mm UD and Weigand rings, 1 and 17/32

On a Nelson 22, H-1 to bore is 1 and 7/32

All measurements made with ultra precision Stanley tape measure

Micro mounting options 1883569342    XXXXXXXXXX
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:05 pm

Jack, I will be shooting your old HS at Roddys match this weekend. I will bring my 5lb hammer and a yard stick if we need to calibrate anything.

Len ( about the scope direction. The one on top makes it go up and down. The one on the side makes it go left or right. Can't see the arrows on half the scopes anyhow so just have to remember which way to crank it. )

Last edited by OldMaster65 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pertinate stuff)
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by davekp Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:11 am

OldMaster65 wrote:Jack, I will be shooting your old HS at Roddys match this weekend. I will bring my 5lb hammer and a yard stick if we need to calibrate anything.

Len ( about the scope direction. The one on top makes it go up and down. The one on the side makes it go left or right. Can't see the arrows on half the scopes anyhow so just have to remember which way to crank it. )

And on my ultra-dots the rings with the marks fall off. I have several in my parts box.

davekp

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:18 am

I have a Insight reflex, nice sight but in my box. It had black on black markings and arrow, I needed my microscope to see it. Was sighting it in at the club, no one could tell me which way was up or right. One guy had a fancy cell phone with a camera, took a picture and zoomed it up!
 I shot next to Mango at Perry, I'm not sure what scope he was using but he had the arrows well done put on the side of his scope. I could see it from my position.
 I had a few of those loose split washers, clear epoxy fixed that problem.
 I liked Mango's idea, not sure how he did it but I'm thinking of getting those rub-on symbols and letters we used on drawings before AutoCad and try putting an arrow on the side of my scope.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:33 am

A metallic sharpie goes a long way. A note stapled to the pistol box does too.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Keefer Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:56 am

The Aimpoint Micro adjustments work the same regardless of the scope body orientation..
Jerry Keefer
Jerry Keefer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down