Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competitor Packet Pickup at Perry

5 posters

Go down

Competitor Packet Pickup at Perry Empty Competitor Packet Pickup at Perry

Post by dstates Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:39 pm

I'm making my first trip to Camp Perry this year.  Unfortunately I won't be able to arrive until Tuesday late afternoon/early evening.  The National Matches program only says that competitor packet pickup can start at 9am on Monday.  Does anyone know when they close the packet pick up office?  I want to shoot on Wednesday and won't know if I am on the first relay until I get that packet.

I just got off of the phone with one of the NRA pistol program coordinators and they didn't know.

Also, it looks like I need to do CMP inprocessing first, does anyone know their hours?

Thanks!

Doug

dstates

Back to top Go down

Competitor Packet Pickup at Perry Empty Re: Competitor Packet Pickup at Perry

Post by jmdavis Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:43 pm

The hours vary, sometimes until 8 pm, but I know people who have inprocessed as early as 5 am. What are you shooting Wednesday? Wednesday is all NRA. That means you need to get your NRA packet before shooting. That should be at the NRA building.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by dstates Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:46 pm

I'm registered for all of the events from Wed-Sun.  I expect to be shooting in the NRA preliminary match on Wednesday.  I only mentioned the CMP inprocessing because the NRA program says you can't pick up your packet until you go through inprocessing.

dstates

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:04 pm

CMP in processing will get you a wrist band that you will need to pick up your NRA package.  CMP is generally open until about 8:00 pm, but can vary. 

Wednesday is preliminary day, you will be located on the position and Relay you will have for the other 3 days.  Preliminary lets you see where and with whom you are going to shoot for the next 3 days.  

The Relays for Wednesday and Thursday will generally be in order of Relay 1 - High Master / Master (maybe some Experts); Relay 2 - Generally Experts maybe Sharpshooters; Relay 3 - Sharpshooters / Marksman.

Generally you will have time to pick up packet Wednesday morning if you are on Relay 2 or later.  If you run late and are on Relay 1, they will generally let you infiltrate on the later Relays as space if available.

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:09 pm

You are right. When you arrive you first go to 'In-Processing'. All competitors must go there first. Once you've been there and gotten your arm band you can go to the NRA stat office to pickup your NRA packet. Late afternoon should be ok. I don't know when In-Processing and NRA stat office will close on Tuesday, but I think it will be at least 5pm and probably 6 or 7. I don't think the NRA office is usually open before first relay, but they might be on Wed & Thurs to accommodate late arrivals.

For more than 10 years first relay on Wed is HM, MA and some EX, Second Relay will be MM and some SS and Third Relay will be EX & SS.

If you miss your relay you can shoot on a different relay. Go to the range and talk the the Chief Range Officer (CRO) or Assistant CRO. They will probably tell you to wait until the line is called forward and then send you to the end at an open spot. They will accommodate you as best they can.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by 172snowhawk Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:12 am

You also need to have your triggers weighed before shooting the matches. This can be done by the CMP or military armorers. Their vans are usually located across the street from Viale Range. The CMP van supposedly opens at 0700 hrs.

172snowhawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down