Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NRA distinguished Revolver - Dennis please read

+5
Chris Miceli
DirComp
C.Perkins
Jack H
Motorcycle_dan
9 posters

Go down

NRA distinguished Revolver - Dennis please read Empty NRA distinguished Revolver - Dennis please read

Post by Motorcycle_dan 7/2/2015, 10:38 am

Of all the awards and trophies I have, on the most treasured list is my distinguished pistol badge and Distinguished Revolver badge #59. 

I like shooting in DR matches, but now that I'm distinguished it is just flushing an additional $10 at a match.  However I generally shoot both the EIC and DR matches at regional and state matches. 

Another competitor asked me why.  Said that I was already distinguished so why shoot? There is no award etc.

Shooting the EIC match I get a General Custer medal for placing well, but the NRA distinguished revolver match, Nada.  I'm told it is a money thing.  The competitions department can't afford to give any more. 

Let me offer this.  The little DR hat pin, not sold on vendors row or anywhere else for that matter.  You get one with your badge and that is it.  I think an additional hat pin if you score in the top 10% would increase participation dramatically for those already distinguished. 

I made this suggestion at the competitors meeting last year.  It was not acted on.  Who should I contact to get some action on this? 

Am I off base? How many already distinguished shooters would consider participation in a DR match hoping to get another hat pin.
Comments or opinions?
Motorcycle_dan
Motorcycle_dan

Back to top Go down

NRA distinguished Revolver - Dennis please read Empty Re: NRA distinguished Revolver - Dennis please read

Post by Jack H 7/2/2015, 1:36 pm

I'll second that.  In fact I repeat my desire for recognition of  270, 280, and 290 shooters vs a 255 Distinguished.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

NRA distinguished Revolver - Dennis please read Empty Re: NRA distinguished Revolver - Dennis please read

Post by C.Perkins 7/2/2015, 5:16 pm

I have always wanted a DR patch to staple to my gun box.
Better would be one with my #99 on it also.
Just saying.

Clarence
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Post by DirComp 11/24/2015, 1:09 pm

We are working on it.  New medals will be designed for 1st - 3rd, and perhaps hat pins for anyone who is distinguished but made the cut.

Denny

DirComp

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 11/24/2015, 2:02 pm

I shoot them because I need the badge. I am all for awards prizes and pins and goodies.  I did shoot at a Oklahoma state championship where they did a revolver 900 before the DR and gave out little plaque. It was not a DR award but it was cool. 

I support Jack with recognizing high individual scores a letter and pin would nice to go with the honor.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman 11/25/2015, 12:56 am

Place medals would be cool. Any chance of loosening the ammo requirement to allow 158gr lead round nose flat point, cowboy syle bullets?
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 11/25/2015, 9:33 am

with the changes to the CMP ammo, why not make it any safe 38 spl ammo?  That would be best.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Danehogle 11/25/2015, 5:39 pm

Right now In my opinion DR is the hardest badge to get...
Danehogle
Danehogle

Back to top Go down

Post by RGK 11/27/2015, 10:13 pm

I'm enjoying the DR match a lot. Some kind of recognition, like a medal or something, is in order for winners, distinguished or not. It's a great match that brings together revolver shooters and the National Match Course. Just like the old days.
Bob

RGK

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Perkins 11/28/2015, 8:15 pm

IMHO it should stay at 158gr LRN or SWC(I see they allow FMJRN,I would not use this).
In my limited experience the 158gr LRN does pretty well in a 6" revolver.
Sure it would be great to come up with a good 148gr full wadcutter to use, but it defeats the purpose of the game like going to any safe ammo in a 9mm or .45 in ball matches.

Okay, I will stop now Smile
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Post by sixftunda 11/29/2015, 7:02 am

Personally I would like to see any centerfire revolver and any safe ammo.
sixftunda
sixftunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down