FS Colt Kit Gun .45

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FS Colt Kit Gun .45

Post by sixftunda on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:01 am

I have a Colt Kit Gun for sale.  It is a tight shooting gun but has some cosmetic issues.  I used it through last winter with a frame mount that has been taken off and sold.  There are holes in it.  It also has a counterweight welded to the bottom of the dustcover.  There are no sights on the gun right now.  It has a dovetail on the rear and a stakehole on the front, so a dovetail would need cut but really this gun would be better used as a wadgun. 
The front strap and MSH have some nice stippling on them.  I was never able to determine who the original gunsmith was for this gun. 
It definitely prefers lead loads and I got the best groups with 200 gr SWC and 4 grains of BE or 700x.

With a slide mount this gun is ready to shoot a match.  You could certainly have someone remove the counterweight if you wanted.  If you wanted to reinstall a frame mount you would need to contact KC Crawford as he is the only gunsmith I know of with the model mount you need and currently I do not believe he has one. 

I had offered the gun to someone here for 800 but have since decided to lower that to 725 shipped. 

I am also willing to trade for the following items:
Zero 185JHP bullets
Aimpoint Micro
Ultradot HD Micro

Please post your email if you would like pictures or my cell number to discuss further. 

James

sixftunda

Back to top Go down

Re: FS Colt Kit Gun .45

Post by HenryA on Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:17 pm

I am interested and I just sent contact info via PM.

HenryA

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum