Over The Top Service From Dillon

Go down

Over The Top Service From Dillon

Post by Guest on 8/14/2015, 12:13 pm

I felt I had to post this after a phone call I just had with Dillon.  I called to order a stem pin that holds the .45 bullet seater in my Dillon 45 ACP die and a couple of #1 locator pins for my Dillon 650XL press. 

I explained that through my stupidity I lost them, it was in no way Dillon's fault.  The person I spoke with at Dillon refused to let me pay for them, even though I said again that it was my fault.  He said "No charge and they will go out in the mail right away".

That is going so far beyond good customer service I had to let everyone know about it.  Great job Dillon!!!!!!!!

Chip Eckardt

Back to top Go down

Re: Over The Top Service From Dillon

Post by mspingeld on 8/14/2015, 12:28 pm

I've had similar experiences with Hornady. I don't know what motivates this but it certainly breeds customer loyalty. More businesses should learn from their example.

mspingeld

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAces on 8/14/2015, 1:05 pm

Same experience with Dillon. Refused to let me pay for some small parts I broke through my own stupidity. The parts were small and shipped the same day as my call.
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR on 8/14/2015, 1:20 pm

Dillion is good on press parts, but their scales and tumblers they don't warranty so well.
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nmbuzz on 8/17/2015, 10:27 pm

Several times over the years Dillon representatives have spent "extended" periods of time walking me thru my own
ineptitude.  Last time a couple years ago it was primer feed/set problem.....    UH!!!....   The primer seat
was loose and backed out!   These are special people with special products!!   Do NOT miss the opportunity,
if you ever have it, to VISIT them in Scottsdale.
nmbuzz

Back to top Go down

Post by varmint243 on 8/18/2015, 6:23 am

I have had similar experiences with RCBS
They unconditionally stand behind their stuff

varmint243

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 on 8/18/2015, 8:51 am

have to keep Dillons warranty on tumblers in mind when my 20 year large tumbler fails....LOL

A tour of the Dillon home office in Scottsdale is something.. Especially the other side of Dillon's business... Had the chance to meet Mike Dillon and have him give us a tour of the place....great folks
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR on 8/18/2015, 9:53 am

jglenn21 wrote:have to keep Dillons warranty on tumblers in mind when my 20 year large tumbler fails....LOL

A tour of the Dillon home office in Scottsdale is something.. Especially the other side of Dillon's business... Had the chance to meet Mike Dillon and have him give us a tour of the place....great folks

Glad you got a good one, I bought one and the motor failed in 13 months, and the best they would do was 110.00 for the repair.
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 on 8/18/2015, 11:31 am

maybe older was better..
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike on 8/18/2015, 11:42 am

DavidR wrote:
jglenn21 wrote:have to keep Dillons warranty on tumblers in mind when my 20 year large tumbler fails....LOL

Glad you got a good one, I bought one and the motor failed in 13 months, and the best they would do was 110.00 for the repair.
I don't think the Dillon lifetime warranty ever applied to electronic devices like tumblers and scales.
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR on 8/18/2015, 1:28 pm

It doesn't, but the way they advertise the "no BS Warranty, many might think it does, and its not just on tumblers and electronics, the 1050 is not included in that No bs warranty either.
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis on 8/18/2015, 2:40 pm

The 1050 though is classed as a commercial machine. Brian Enos offers some great advice, as I'm sure you know, on selecting the right Dillon. I'm still using the original RCBS 505 that I bought in the late 80's. It's accurate and repeatable. 

I think of Tumblers though as disposable (unless it is a cement mixer).
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum