Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini and Red Dot Sights........

4 posters

Go down

Pardini and Red Dot Sights........ Empty Pardini and Red Dot Sights........

Post by CrankyThunder 9/23/2015, 6:05 pm

I have a question for the pardini sp shooters out there that use a red dot sight.

I have heard about rings slipping on pardini sp's and on my team, this has not been a issue. 

Personally, I have a pardini with a aimpoint 9000L with pardini supplied rings and they work exceptionally well-no slippage at all.

Therefore I ask has anybody had a problem with pardini mounted red dots slipping during recoil and if so, do you use the pardini supplied rings or off the shelf rings from another supplier?

for what it is worth, the rings as supplied by pardini appear to have a perfectly flat surface milled in the bottom of them.

Thank you,
George
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Pardini and Red Dot Sights........ Empty Re: Pardini and Red Dot Sights........

Post by jbzeus 9/23/2015, 8:45 pm

I have a month old Pardini with the .32 acp conversion.  The rings supplied from Pardini seem to work well with the .22 though I need to Locktite the screws as they will loosen.

The .32 acp is another story.  The same rings will not hold AND they hit on the bolt as the .32 acp bolt is bigger and will scrape on the rings.  I read here or on the Bullseye forum that Warne rings for the CZ 550 will fit.  Yes they do but same problem with the bolt.  I guess I didn't read close enough as when I re-read the posts I didn't see the .32 acp mentioned.  So, again, they would work fine with the .22.

So, for the .32 I'm throwing in the towel and going with the Larry's Guns double rails and double red dots.  I suppose I could try to angle the ring bases by shaving off the edges but the clearances are really tight.  So, not comfortable with how close that bolt cycles so Larry's Guns it is.

jbzeus

Back to top Go down

Post by TampaTim 9/23/2015, 8:55 pm

I never had any movement with my scope rings when I shot the 22. When I shot the 32acp I could not stop the ring movement. I drilled the gun and put a real scope mount on it and stopped the problem. I also do not have to worry about any change in point of impact when changing from 22 to 32.

TampaTim

Back to top Go down

Post by jbzeus 9/23/2015, 9:07 pm

Pistol Champ, are you using the Larry's Guns mounts?

Also, I love this gun.  Other than getting the red dot locked down I love this gun.  My wife has asked me to stop sleeping with it under my pillow.

jbzeus

Back to top Go down

Pardini and Red Dot Sights........ Empty Pardini HP rings

Post by carykiteboarder 9/24/2015, 9:04 am

This has been documented in some detail elsewhere on the forum.  The proper rings WILL hold when shooting the .32 ACP.  To prevent bolt contact, put both rings on the front of the scope and mount beyond the rearward reach of the bolt.  This also moves the scope closer to your hand and therefore does not change the weight distribution very much.
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder 9/24/2015, 4:43 pm

I received some additional information from my teammate:

Basically, he says that the scope slippage is more common in the 32 caliber conversion but can happen in the 22 as well.  One possible reason is that the bolt may rotate on cycling and can hit the front ring either upon initial recoil or upon cycling the bolt forward. 
A possible solution is to mount the front red dot ring overlapping the bolt handle in both the fully forward position and also in the fully retracted position.
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/24/2015, 5:44 pm

I have both .22 barrel and .32 ACP barrel.  Three Pardini rings.  Used in five matches this summer.  Scope never moved, not once.  I have an Utradot scope.

Chip

Back to top Go down

Post by TampaTim 9/24/2015, 8:12 pm

Pistol Champ, are you using the Larry's Guns mounts?

Yes.

TampaTim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down