Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Governor's Ten Awards/Certificates

+4
C.Perkins
LenV
Fire Escape
Rob Kovach
8 posters

Go down

New Governor's Ten Awards/Certificates Empty New Governor's Ten Awards/Certificates

Post by Rob Kovach Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:55 pm

After reading the thread about what awards used to be like, I was hoping to get your feedback on this "Governor's Ten" award that had been forgotten in Wisconsin and now I have brought it back.

I would like your feedback to find out if you shooters would find value in really nice certificates like this instead of medals, plaques, or trophies?

New Governor's Ten Awards/Certificates 20150910

Let me know your thoughts!

-Rob
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Governor's Ten Awards/Certificates Empty Re: New Governor's Ten Awards/Certificates

Post by Fire Escape Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:47 pm

Consider the source, I am highly unlikely to be earning any awards and that could 'color' my perception.

I think that nice certificates (like that pictured) would be a valid award. They could be framed and displayed OR they could be kept in a file for those not having enough room to display all their trophies (and you would not need to dust them).
JMHO

Bruce

Fire Escape

Back to top Go down

New Governor's Ten Awards/Certificates Empty Re: New Governor's Ten Awards/Certificates

Post by LenV Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:48 am

Great idea and a nice piece of paper for your wall.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Perkins Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:08 pm

I would have no problem at all with that.
When I moved from Phoenix to God's country here in Wisconsin my office walls were filled with those, just have not gotten around to put them up again.

Clarence
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Post by KB2MBC Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:26 pm

I doubt I'd get one here in New York
KB2MBC
KB2MBC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:09 am

If your point is about getting your governor's signature, that's not the point, and we aren't going to make this post go down that political rabbit hole.

Just a point that the President's Hundred aren't signed by the President of the US, but I still want to earn a P100 certificate.

This post is more a question of the shooters opinions of paper awards--not just for Govs10/P100, but for match and class winners also.

Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:26 am

Rob, 

I received the Governor's 10 award that you sent. Thank you. My wife thought it impressive and will frame it for my loading room wall. 

I collected a fair amount of bling during my rifle career. I'm finding it comes a lot slower with the pistol. This is appreciated!

Jim

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:43 am

Rob Kovach wrote:After reading the thread about what awards used to be like, I was hoping to get your feedback on this "Governor's Ten" award that had been forgotten in Wisconsin and now I have brought it back.

I would like your feedback to find out if you shooters would find value in really nice certificates like this instead of medals, plaques, or trophies?

New Governor's Ten Awards/Certificates 20150910

Let me know your thoughts!

-Rob
Good job! I think the times that I made the Governor's 10 in Texas and Indiana, I only once got a small pin.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:02 pm

In NC for Rifle, we do a tab. I've got a couple. The tab is presented with a medal that's got the State seal with Governor's Ten around it. I like them a lot. 

That certificate looks nice too. Anything that gets folks out competing is a great idea.
DeweyHales
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down