Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bo-Mar Sight Rib

2 posters

Go down

Bo-Mar Sight Rib Empty Bo-Mar Sight Rib

Post by scrum derringer Thu Nov 05 2015, 22:04

So I got all excited that I found an unused extended Bo-Mar sight rib, which arrived today. This was when I found out about new vs. old Bo-Mar hole spacing, while seeing that the hole closest to the muzzle is further spaced then that of my Clark mount on my LB Wadcutter. Aside from buying a new dedicated gun to have drilled for that sight, which is something illogical that I would do, metal integrity-wise, would it be a bad idea to have another hole drilled in the LB slide? I would be relatively close to the old one I believe. Otherwise, does anyone need an old pattern Bo-Mar and happens to have a new hole pattern in good condition rib that would like to trade? (Regular or Extended - No Tuner)
scrum derringer
scrum derringer

Back to top Go down

Bo-Mar Sight Rib Empty Re: Bo-Mar Sight Rib

Post by Jerry Keefer Thu Nov 05 2015, 22:56

Will not hurt a thing. I use five number 8 screws and sometimes more depending on the application. I like torx pan head
screws machined to fit the counterbore. Allen/socket heads are a problem.
Jerry Keefer
Jerry Keefer

Back to top Go down

Post by scrum derringer Fri Nov 06 2015, 11:04

Jerry Keefer wrote:Will not hurt a thing. I use five number 8 screws and sometimes more depending on the application. 

Thanks Jerry! Just to clarify, it would be okay for drilling the new front hole and abandoning the original front hole in the slide while using the bo-mar, and and vice versa when using the Clark scope mount? Thanks again!
scrum derringer
scrum derringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Keefer Fri Nov 06 2015, 11:19

scrum derringer wrote:
Jerry Keefer wrote:Will not hurt a thing. I use five number 8 screws and sometimes more depending on the application. 

Thanks Jerry! Just to clarify, it would be okay for drilling the new front hole and abandoning the original front hole in the slide while using the bo-mar, and and vice versa when using the Clark scope mount? Thanks again!
Yes.. If the two holes intersect, I place a screw in the non use hole with non removable lock tite and machine it off flush with the slide.. Then, I drill and tap the hole next to it..
Jerry Keefer
Jerry Keefer

Back to top Go down

Post by scrum derringer Fri Nov 06 2015, 11:29

Yes.. If the two holes intersect, I place a screw in the non use hole with non removable lock tite and machine it off flush with the slide.. Then,  I drill and tap the hole next to it..

Just measured, and the new vs. old is 1/2'' apart. Would the hole plugs be necessary or just recommended?
scrum derringer
scrum derringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Keefer Fri Nov 06 2015, 11:34

No, you are good to go..
Jerry Keefer
Jerry Keefer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content