Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The KImber Ending

+7
bruce martindale
Founder
Rob Kovach
Frank Hull
Steve B
DavidR
Paper-Puncher
11 posters

Go down

The KImber Ending Empty The KImber Ending

Post by Paper-Puncher 11/18/2011, 2:06 pm

KImber tells me that my gun is within their spec's.........So my reply was "So I guess 3'' groups at 50ft are the norm for your TArget models" Either way I'm done with the gun.....Done with Kimber.....Gun is in the process of being sold.......Never again will another Kimber product enter into my hands......Was planning on buying a Kimber solo for wife to CCW with....But not now....Not impressed with their product or their "specs".......very valuable lesson learned from this ordeal.......Gun will be sold and credit card bill will be paid off ...maybe someday I'll be able to get or build myself a .45 for BE......till then I'll just enjoy my wonderfully accurate Ruger .22's..........

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

The KImber Ending Empty Re: The KImber Ending

Post by DavidR 11/18/2011, 5:08 pm

Buy a RO springfield, it will out shoot any kimber made. Just on a side note, what kind of ammo were you shooting? might want to loose that setup also.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve B 11/18/2011, 8:08 pm

They know how to make them pretty, all polish no performance. I've talked with several well known 'smiths who would only keep the slide and frame then build on that. It's hard to tell someone their gun is a POS after they've dumped nearly a grand for something so pretty that is marketed so well.

Steve B

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper-Puncher 11/18/2011, 9:20 pm

Tell me about it Steve....But at least Ive got it sold .....I told the guy about the accuracy....and he thought it was fine ..but of course hes gonna use it for IDPA .....so hes happy that hes getting a "Kimber" and I'm more happy to be gettin rid of it......

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Hull 11/18/2011, 11:30 pm

I started the year with a R1 and longed for a better piece. Found a BNIB 81 Colt Gov't model in Electroless Nickel and bought it. I worked the frame and slide, installed Brown trigger components, a Kart barrel and bushing. Sent the slide to Novaks for a Brown (Bomar) and front blade install. Now the Colt shoots the Hardball matches better than I can hold it with a Sierra 230 FMJ, 4.9 grains of W231 and a Fed 150 cap. Last time out I chewed first leather. I don't think Kimber even offered a Gov't model for Leg matches. Now I'm waiting for the new UltraDot, MatchDot II (30MM) to arrive for my new S&W 41 for the 2700 matches. I think I'm going to have the R1 put on rails and attach a MatchDot II to it for the center fire and 45. Next year ought to be a lot of fun. Best wishes for your joy in BE.
Frank Hull
Frank Hull

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 11/19/2011, 1:18 am

Glad you found a buyer so quick! I agree that you will be happy with a springfield range officer. You will probably have $200 left over. Too bad you had to burn tax and your background check fees.

Kimber didn't do themselves a favor with the way they treated you. This post will end up all over the internet about how crappy Kimber 1911 Target models are.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper-Puncher 11/19/2011, 1:47 am

Well its not my intent to smear Kimber......But I sure thought the accuracy was way out of the ball park ....then more than one Gun Smith said that they would rather not mess with it .....so the plan I had was to do a kart barrel.....but I was advised to sell the gun as it wasnt worth the coin to make it right.......at this point most guys have happy new gun days .....where I am lookin forward to gun gone day....I at this point am just glad that its over ..Ive told the buyer about the accuracy and he's fine with it......so I was honest with him my so I have nothing to feel bad about...I would have felt bad selling it to him without filling him in on the whole saga......

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 11/19/2011, 1:57 am

If in the future you look to replace trigger components I would highly recommend Cylinder and Slide hammer/trigger sets. I have found them to be superior to any others out there.

10's N X's

Last edited by Joe Fobes on 12/3/2011, 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale 12/3/2011, 1:04 am

Was it ever shot with factory match?

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 12/3/2011, 1:19 am

I don't think ammo would have helped that thing. Lockup was so bad that he had to push the slide forward to get the lugs to hit the slide stop pin.
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brassburnz 3/11/2012, 11:23 pm

I bought my Kimber Eclipse Target several years ago with the intent to use it for bullseye. I discovered very quickly that a pretty gun doesn't mean it's an accurate gun. I ditched the Kimber (Still have it. It's a nice gun afterall.) and built a dedicated bullseye gun from a Colt Series 70 frame and pre-Series 70 slide.

I have a hard time convincing people not to buy Kimbers because they are good looking guns. There used to be someone who sold reloads on the List that would not sell them to Kimber shooters, but I can't remember who it was.

I didn't want to sell my Kimber because I did not want to take a loss on the gun, plus it's a good pistol for other uses. Now that suggested retail is $1350, I can sell mine and not take a hit.

Randy
NRA Life Member
Brassburnz
Brassburnz

Back to top Go down

Post by WildmanJack 3/15/2012, 11:55 pm

Strange, I have a Kimber Gold Match II and it will shoot one hole at 25 yards all day if I can hold that well. I'm using my own reloads, maybe you guys are using ball ammo, No it's not a Giles or a Clark but I'm impressed with the accuracy of the gun. maybe I just lucked out !!
Jack

WildmanJack

Back to top Go down

The KImber Ending Empty Sorry you were having trouble with your Kimber

Post by longrifle 6/3/2012, 1:02 am

I'm very satisfied with my Super Match II. It out shoots my Les Baer .45, although I can shoot the Baer better as it has an Matchdot on it.

-JB

longrifle

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokey99 6/8/2012, 12:22 pm

longrifle wrote:I'm very satisfied with my Super Match II. It out shoots my Les Baer .45, although I can shoot the Baer better as it has an Matchdot on it.

-JB

True! Only Kimber Supermatch can get anywhere close to BE accuracy. I shoot Kimber (Grand Raptor) for IDPA, Clark Heavy Slide for BE.

Smokey99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down