Beautiful 1972 "A" Series S&W 41

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Beautiful 1972 "A" Series S&W 41

Post by zanemoseley on 12/17/2015, 5:22 pm

I've decided to sell my beautiful 1972 "A" series Smith 41, this model has the cocking indicator on the rear. This might be one of the nicest 41's you'll run across with this age unless you find one new in box. I'll let the pictures do the talking however I'm going to try to describe some things I feel most will ask. The pistol will come with 1 original magazine. 

Metal: I would consider the metal to be 99%, these older smiths have some beautiful bluing work. There are a few VERY faint light scratches on the right side, only seen when in the perfect light and rotated just perfect.

Wood: The grips are a easily 99% and look new.

Bore: Bore is clean and ready for shooting. 

NO rusting, pitting or any other damage on any metal surfaces. 

Modifications: The only modification was the installation of a Volquartsen Exact Edge extractor, the original one that came with it will be included as long as I can find it. After installing this extractor I ran a 100 pack of CCI SV through it without failure. Last Saturday I ran 50 CCI SV with no failures either. With 22's and S&W 41's you will experience the occasionally FTE or stovepipe, I feel the operation is very good for its age. 

Accuracy: I've not run it from a ransom rest however it easily shoots better than I do. 

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or requests for additional photos. I'm asking $1050 shipped from me to your FFL, please make sure they will accept shipment from a non-FFL holder, I will ship from an FFL for an additional $25.  I'm posting this on a couple forums, email is the best way to contact me, please use  zanemoseley(at)hotmail.com   remove the (at)

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Re: Beautiful 1972 "A" Series S&W 41

Post by zanemoseley on 12/18/2015, 7:26 am

SPF to someone off RimfireCentral.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum