Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please list your successful 38 super bullseye loads.

+3
Fire Escape
LenV
zanemoseley
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Please list your successful 38 super bullseye loads. - Page 2 Empty Please list your successful 38 super bullseye loads.

Post by zanemoseley 12/20/2015, 4:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

I had been contemplating a 38 super pistol as a bit of a fun project that may see some bullseye competition use. Some of you were nice enough to give me some input in my other thread and some listed the basics of their loads. I've pulled the trigger on a Sig Traditional Match Elite Stainless pistol so need to start developing some loads.

I was hoping we could make a compilation of everyone's successful 38 super target loads. I'm particularly interested in lead loads as I cast my own bullets. I have several pounds of WST and a pound of bullseye in my stash. Thanks in advance.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Please list your successful 38 super bullseye loads. - Page 2 Empty Re: Please list your successful 38 super bullseye loads.

Post by zanemoseley 1/4/2016, 5:35 pm

Good deal. My Sig comes with one of those flat wire springs but is probably 14 pound as well, it feels just a touch heavier than the 13 pound spring in my ,45. I'll likely have to drop down if the lower velocities are still accurate.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Please list your successful 38 super bullseye loads. - Page 2 Empty Re: Please list your successful 38 super bullseye loads.

Post by zanemoseley 1/11/2016, 10:51 am

Well I shot all 4 bullets with different powder loads of WST Saturday. I seemed to shoot the 150 grain Meister SWC bullets the best but they were also the first I shot so perhaps I degraded as I shot.

I loaded 20 of each again yesterday. After I get the trigger reworked and a match bushing installed I'm going to try and run them through with a ransom rest to get some definitive reults, I'll post pictures of the results.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid 1/11/2016, 12:49 pm

Your off to a good start. looking forward to your pictures. Have fun with it.

Skid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2