Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My latest loads did not function my RO

+5
RThatcher
mspingeld
jmdavis
Chris Miceli
lablover
9 posters

Go down

My latest loads did not function my RO Empty My latest loads did not function my RO

Post by lablover Mon 1 Feb - 0:17

Springfield RO bone stock.  I tried the following loads and had no luck with slide lock back and several stove pipes as well as slide not even ejecting last round/case

Loads are as follows

185 gr Nosler HP with VV N310 4.5 gr WW Primer

Next load was 185gr Zero LSWCHP 3.8 gr VVn310

I assumed it was the original 16 lb recoil spring that was the culprit.  I have a reduced spring(s) on the way

Was I correct assuming this?

I figured I'd try to go to 14 then down until it works.

Thanks Gents

Joe
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

My latest loads did not function my RO Empty Re: My latest loads did not function my RO

Post by Chris Miceli Mon 1 Feb - 0:19

i ran that same load in my RO with the 16lb spring no issues.... but i have changed out the mainspring housing for a non ils with standard spring.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

My latest loads did not function my RO Empty Re: My latest loads did not function my RO

Post by lablover Mon 1 Feb - 0:21

Christopher Miceli wrote:i ran that same load in my RO with the 16lb spring no issues.... but i have changed out the mainspring housing for a non ils with standard spring.
I could see that making a difference....I think  Smile
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Mon 1 Feb - 0:23

Funny, my 185gr gr load with 4.0 titegroup works fine
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis Mon 1 Feb - 0:50

In my stock RO, I am shooting 185 jhp with 4.6 of BE. I am shooting 185 lswc with 3.8 of BE
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Mon 1 Feb - 0:51

jmdavis wrote:In my stock RO, I am shooting 185 jhp with 4.6 of BE. I am shooting 185 lswc with 3.8 of BE
Thanks JM

Not sure I wanted to play with VV powder.  Had a pound sitting here and figured why not use it!  Wont mess with that again I think
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld Mon 1 Feb - 0:57

N310 is a good powder and the 4.5 load you tried is my goto long line load. 10-12 lb spring is about where you'll need to be.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Mon 1 Feb - 1:04

mspingeld wrote:N310 is a good powder and the 4.5 load you tried is my goto long line load. 10-12 lb spring is about where you'll need to be.
Good to know..I'll still try it but have tons of BE powder.

Can I ask what bullet you use with that 4.5 load?
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Mon 1 Feb - 1:05

jmdavis wrote:In my stock RO, I am shooting 185 jhp with 4.6 of BE. I am shooting 185 lswc with 3.8 of BE
Also

What 185 LSWC bullet are you using JMDavis?  Just curious
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld Mon 1 Feb - 1:07

Same as you, Noslers (or the Zero equivalent). For the lead hollow points I haven't gone under 4.1 but I'm going to try to go lower.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RThatcher Mon 1 Feb - 1:33

VV310 is a great powder and it is what I shoot primarily but not when it is cold. 4.4 to 4.5 with the 185 JHP should be a great load in warmer weather but I go to 4.6 of 700x with the Magnus 185 JHP in cold weather.

Russ

RThatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Mon 1 Feb - 1:40

Change out the guts of the ILS and put in a standard #19 mainspring. Make sure you get the standard mainspring cap. Will solve the problem.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Mon 1 Feb - 1:54

james r chapman wrote:Change out the guts of the ILS and put in a standard #19 mainspring. Make sure you get the standard mainspring cap. Will solve the problem.
Thanks James, I was debating doing that as I heard it also improves the trigger as well.
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

My latest loads did not function my RO Empty REVISIT

Post by lablover Sat 5 Mar - 20:21

So got to the range finally after 2 weeks with he flu...Went thru several springs and the 10 lb spring got the Nosler 185's with 4.5 of VV310 to function.  The 185 Lead LSWCHP and 3.8 of BE was a no go still even with the 10 lb spring.

I'm starting to think that the ILS change out is going to need to be done.

Any other suggestions?  I will say the LSWCHP would come out of the chamber about half way and then just stick there.
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli Sat 5 Mar - 20:22

Mainspring replacement along with guts of housing.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Sat 5 Mar - 23:17

yep ditch the mainspring for a conventional one.. My Hardball 1911 runs 4.2 of V310 and 185 jacked wadcutters 14lb recoil spring.. kicks the brass quite well..

19lb main spring
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Sat 5 Mar - 23:19

Time to go order some new parts  Smile

Thanks Guys
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Tue 8 Mar - 13:03

So I have the parts on the way to replace the entire MSH and the innards..Something I noticed I do and not sure it's contributing to the problem is I like to rest my thumb on the safety..thumb also lies to push against the slide.  I gotta thing thats slowing things down too?  I know you can get  shield that tucks in there but is that legal in CMP as well as Bullseye?.  And, it may be not even causing any issues???

Looking forward to replacing the MSH
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 Tue 8 Mar - 19:04

NRA you're fine with a shield, CMP no.  If your thumb is dragging the slide it will cause a problem of some degree.  Just depends on how much pressure you're putting into your thumb.
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Tue 8 Mar - 19:40

From a fundamentals perspective, you do not want to shoot BE with thumb on the thumb safety. To properly grip the pistol, the thumb and heel of the thumb are crucial to controlling the pistol consistently. Especially for SF at 50 yds. IPSC is a whole different story. I highly recommend that you learn how to shoot with thumb ptessure on the grip.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Tue 8 Mar - 20:50

Jon Eulette wrote:From a fundamentals perspective, you do not want to shoot BE with thumb on the thumb safety. To properly grip the pistol, the thumb and heel of the thumb are crucial to controlling the pistol consistently. Especially for SF at 50 yds. IPSC is a whole different story. I highly recommend that you learn how to shoot with thumb ptessure on the grip.
Jon
Good to know..Thanks for the tip Jon

Yes, I'm new to BE
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis Wed 9 Mar - 17:09

lablover wrote:
Also

What 185 LSWC bullet are you using JMDavis?  Just curious

Wow, I am late on this question. 

I have tested the 3.8 with 185 Bull-X hard cast and 185 zero swaged bullets.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down