Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Factory ammunition for 9mm Service Pistol

5 posters

Go down

Factory ammunition for 9mm Service Pistol Empty Factory ammunition for 9mm Service Pistol

Post by cjmill87 2/13/2016, 1:20 pm

Just bought my first competition pistol with the intent of shooting Service Pistol and pursuing my Distinguished Badge and President's Hundred.  It is an MCP built M9 with KKM barrel.  At this point I don't have the time or space to pursue reloading for it so I am interested in hearing from more experienced members in what companies offer the best ammunition to get me started in matches.  I have looked into both Atlanta Arms and ASYM but not sure if there are other companies that I may be able to use to get good 50 yard accuracy.  Would these also be overkill for 25 yards or would you use the same loads.  Any insight and assistance would be greatly appreciated.
cjmill87
cjmill87

Back to top Go down

Factory ammunition for 9mm Service Pistol Empty Re: Factory ammunition for 9mm Service Pistol

Post by james r chapman 2/13/2016, 1:30 pm

If you can't reload, they seem to both be the best of the best.

you might try among others.

https://www.rozedist.com/

http://www.nsksales.com/

https://precisiondelta.com
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Factory ammunition for 9mm Service Pistol Empty Re: Factory ammunition for 9mm Service Pistol

Post by Chris Miceli 2/13/2016, 4:05 pm

If you try the atlanta arms stuff look at the jhp 115 or 124

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Perkins 2/13/2016, 6:02 pm

The Atlanta Arms AMU ammo is pretty good.
You can shoot it at long and short line since you do not reload.
You could also use Winchester white box at the short line to save the more expensive stuff for the long line.
I have a small amount left of Atlanta ammo cause I reload and get the same results.
YMMV

Clarence
C.Perkins
C.Perkins

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 2/13/2016, 8:12 pm

Yesterday I was shooting a PPC 9mm 6" pistol I just rebarreled from KKM to Kart. I was getting 3-4 inch groups at 50 yds from hand with cheapy Federal 115gr 9mm and was getting similar results with 147gr Winchester police HP ammo. At 25 yds I was easily holding X ring on PPC target with both ammo's. 25 yds isn't picky about ammo. The AA ammo is good stuff.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by cjmill87 2/14/2016, 3:58 pm

Anyone have experience with the ASYM stuff?
cjmill87
cjmill87

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 2/14/2016, 4:26 pm

ASYM is excellent. I believe Border Patrol PPC Team uses it. I've seen some great groups from Ransom testing. The company has new owner in last year so I don't know if any changes have taken place with loads.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down