clark slide mount.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

clark slide mount.

Post by Paper-Puncher on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:33 am

Just ordered a clark slide mount for the Range Officer....will it fit between the sights or do I need to remove the irons ? cant tell from the picture and theres no info on the clark page other than it black and aluminum......

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

Re: clark slide mount.

Post by charlie_seablom on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:58 am

The Clark mount is the same length as the slide so if you want to leave the sights on you will have to cut it. On mine, which has a soldered on front sight, I cut the Clark mount to fit between the sights. You may also have to cut more slots in the mount to put the scope where you want it.

charlie_seablom

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:04 am

Yes Keith, you would either have to remove the irons, or modify the rail. I modified my rail and so did my buddy with the RO. I will attach photos to this post after I take them.

Use a 10lb recoil spring with the ammo you are using.---Those sights are really on there...I would leave them on. It wasn't hard to mill the rail down.

Last edited by Rob Kovach on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper-Puncher on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:20 am

That about what I figured....I will prob. just remove the opens.

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by scrum derringer on Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:12 am

[quote="Rob Kovach"]Yes Keith, you would either have to remove the irons, or modify the rail. I modified my rail and so did my buddy with the RO. I will attach photos to this post after I take them.

Please do show those pics of yours and your friend's RO, I am interested to see what it looks like. I am unable to find pics online anywhere with the rail between the sights. I assume if you leave the sights and mount the rail in between, the sights are useless? Also, with the slide being cut for those target style sights, I again assume there will be a gap between the full length rib/rail and where the rear sight use to be if it is removed. Would it be stable? I ask because I am interested in the rock river rail/rib sight since it seems like a best of both worlds situation.

scrum derringer

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie_seablom on Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Here are some photos of mine:

Not real pretty but it works. The sights are slightly higher than the rail so you can use them with the rail in place. I wouldn't want to shoot a match that way though.

charlie_seablom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:02 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum