Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3D-Printed Precision Target Pistol Grips

5 posters

Go down

3D-Printed Precision Target Pistol Grips Empty 3D-Printed Precision Target Pistol Grips

Post by BerryhillAC Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:48 pm

I want to let everyone on TargetTalk know about a new business I’ve started making custom precision target pistol grips.  Using 3D-scanning and printing technology I’ve been making custom grips for the college team I coach for the past year.  I’ve made grips for a wide variety of guns and hand sizes.  What got me started was a left-handed, cross-eye dominant shooter with tiny hands.  Using the techniques I’ve developed, I’ve finally got proper-sized grips for her and her scores started going up her first time shooting with them.  And best of all, I can make these grips for significantly less than a pair of traditional wood grips.  Take a look at my site for samples of my work and to learn more -PrecisionTargetPistolGrips.com.  Or you can send me an email at PrecisionTargetPistolGrips(AT)gmail.com if you have questions.

Thanks,
Andrew

BerryhillAC

Back to top Go down

3D-Printed Precision Target Pistol Grips Empty Re: 3D-Printed Precision Target Pistol Grips

Post by Chris Miceli Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:29 pm

Cool. Email sent

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

3D-Printed Precision Target Pistol Grips Empty Re: 3D-Printed Precision Target Pistol Grips

Post by troystaten Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:26 pm

Would love to see pictures.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Post by BerryhillAC Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:30 pm

I've got several pictures of my work posted on my website, PrecisionTargetPistolGrips.com.  Jump over there and take a look.  From there you can send me an email if you have further questions.

Thanks for asking,
Andrew

BerryhillAC

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Tiedt Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:25 pm

Hmmm, interesting.  Can you describe how you modify a grip for cross dominance?  I think there might be enough interest to make this a post instead of private email?

Doug Tiedt

Back to top Go down

Post by BerryhillAC Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:50 pm

Doug,

By placing the gun in the grip with a 6 degree offset a shooter can assume a much more natural stance on the firing line.  Without such an offset either the shooter's head and neck or wrist, or both, end up in all sorts of positions not conducive to shooting 10s and certainly not for standing that way through the course of a match.

One of my students on the team I coach is cross eye dominant.  And until we got grips that were adjusted for her, she preferred to shoot with her non-dominant hand just so she could look comfortably down the sights with her dominant eye.  Needless to say once we get her set up with a proper grip, her scores started heading upwards quickly.

BerryhillAC

Back to top Go down

Post by Saladman Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:48 pm

This morning at our NRA Sectional .22 matches (free pistol/standard pistol) I met a guy that had a pair of these grips.  They looked pretty good and the guy seemed to like them quite well.  I have a 3D printer that I've used to print gun parts before, but this is something much more complicated that is a lot cooler than what I've done!  Very Happy I don't have the money to purchase grips like these but I think you're going to need more 3D printers.   Shocked

Also, what kind of printer do you have?  I have a cheapo DIY rigidbot.

Saladman

Back to top Go down

Post by BerryhillAC Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:27 pm

Saladman,

Thanks for the kind words.  I've been getting a lot of great feedback on my grips.  I use a Printrbot printer.  But the challenge is much deeper on the software side than the hardware.  I go through between 3 and 5 separate pieces of software on any give project to put together a grip.

Andrew

PrecisionTargetPistolGrips.com

Precision Grips for All Hands and Most Guns

BerryhillAC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down