Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lowering G34MOS trigger force

2 posters

Go down

Lowering G34MOS trigger force Empty Lowering G34MOS trigger force

Post by Mac2 4/10/2016, 9:14 pm

Wife and I purchased G34 MOS to shoot GSSF match in unlimited class.  Mounted Venom red-dot sight (need the right length screws, included plate 1, and locktight) - sight seems made for this. Trigger force on my G34 is about 7.5 pounds-force and my wife's (next sn) about 8 pounds-force.  This in a pistol intended for competition. 

Bought Ghost 3.5 lb. connector and Ghost spring set.  Sure is straight forward to work on Glock.  Changed connector and trigger spring (said to be 6lb.) with those from Ghost.  Trigger pull went down to about 6.5 pounds-force.  Replaced firing pin spring with the 4 lb spring in the Ghost kit and replaced the safety plunger spring with same from Ghost kit.  Trigger pull went up to about 7.5 pounds-force!

Help.  What might I have done wrong or what might I have not understood about the interactions of these parts.  In XDs (a relatively pain to work on) similar changes went in the right direction.  Thanks,  Mac

Mac2

Back to top Go down

Lowering G34MOS trigger force Empty Cured - almost

Post by Mac2 4/21/2016, 2:36 pm

The rest of the story:  Removed all Ghost parts.  Installed Lone Wolf striker spring, striker safety and its spring (last three in slide), trigger spring and connector.  Polished the surfaces LW recommends with an item found at Home D. that looks like a brown horse-hair-sponge with some grit in the hair.  Trigger pull averages just over 5 pounds-force.  On the second G34 Gen4 MOS, I also installed LW parts except for the striker safety and its spring.  I polished the factory striker safety and ended up with a trigger pull close to 5 pounds-force (8 pounds-force from Austria).
As has been observed, many could compete with an 8 pound-force trigger as the G34 Gen4 MOS came from Austria.  A few of us feel a need for a lighter trigger.
I have an old G34 (US suffix S/N, only 2 pins rather than three, adjustable sight, actual 3.5 connector) that must be all of 15 years old.  Its trigger pull is a little over 6 pounds-force.
Bottom line:  Lone Wolf has curative parts for Gen4 Glocks.  . . . and Glocks are easy to work on!

Mac2

Back to top Go down

Lowering G34MOS trigger force Empty Re: Lowering G34MOS trigger force

Post by igolfat8 4/21/2016, 8:54 pm

I have a Vaneck GM trigger in my G34 (measures 2.5 lb pull) and a Johnny Glocks competition trigger in my G35 (2.75 lb). Both have a very similar feel, adjustable pre and post travel and both are 10x better than any I could achieve with Ghost or LW parts. I've never been able to get a Glock trigger under 4 lbs with those parts. I've also read good things about DK triggers but have not tried one of those ... yet. I am able to shoot my Glocks so much more accurately with lighter triggers so don't give up your quest. While both of these triggers are a tremendous improvement over stock you'll never achieve the feel of a precision 1911 trigger.

igolfat8

Back to top Go down

Lowering G34MOS trigger force Empty Thanks

Post by Mac2 4/22/2016, 7:17 am

Thanks I golf at 8:  Did not know about the additional parts providers. 
Goal is for the two of us to shoot in the one outdoor Glock club match in unclassified.  5 pound-force trigger is good enough now that we have nice and low red-dot (Venom) sights.  In bullseye, we shoot 9mm 1911 pistols.   You, of course, are right that the great thing about the 1911 is the capability to have excellent trigger action. 
Both 1911 and Glock are easy to work on, but, as you have indicated, Glocks have limitations.  One is their limitations is the use of barrels with one twist in 250 mm - in my opinion, much too fast a twist.  Have a G43 barrel with one in 18 inches (457.2 mm) twist that I will evaluate with HAP bullets.
Thanks,   Mac

Mac2

Back to top Go down

Lowering G34MOS trigger force Empty Re: Lowering G34MOS trigger force

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down