Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What size dot?

+2
dronning
Jwhelan939
6 posters

Go down

What size dot do you prefer for traditional (25yd/50yd) bullseye shooting?

dot size survey - What size dot? Vote_lcap53%dot size survey - What size dot? Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 21 ]
dot size survey - What size dot? Vote_lcap30%dot size survey - What size dot? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 12 ]
dot size survey - What size dot? Vote_lcap10%dot size survey - What size dot? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]
dot size survey - What size dot? Vote_lcap5%dot size survey - What size dot? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
dot size survey - What size dot? Vote_lcap2%dot size survey - What size dot? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 40

Poll closed

dot size survey - What size dot? Empty What size dot?

Post by Jwhelan939 4/15/2016, 10:11 am

Hey all,

The interweb seems to be filled with opinions on this, however, they are mostly for MSR use.  I have my own thoughts and preferences, but I thought it would be interesting to see what size dot the majority of you guys and girls prefer. Thank you.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

dot size survey - What size dot? Empty Re: What size dot?

Post by dronning 4/15/2016, 10:37 am

Jwhelan939 wrote:Hey all,

The interweb seems to be filled with opinions on this, however, they are mostly for MSR use.  I have my own thoughts and preferences, but I thought it would be interesting to see what size dot the majority of you guys and girls prefer. Thank you.

Done about a year ago::
https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t4222-poll-what-size-dot-do-you-shoot?highlight=poll+dot

- Dave
2 moadot size survey - What size dot? Vote_lcapdot size survey - What size dot? Voting_bardot size survey - What size dot? Vote_rcap 35% [ 27 ]
4 moadot size survey - What size dot? Vote_lcapdot size survey - What size dot? Voting_bardot size survey - What size dot? Vote_rcap 47% [ 37 ]
8 moadot size survey - What size dot? Vote_lcapdot size survey - What size dot? Voting_bardot size survey - What size dot? Vote_rcap 14% [ 11 ]
12 moadot size survey - What size dot? Vote_lcapdot size survey - What size dot? Voting_bardot size survey - What size dot? Vote_rcap 1% [ 1 ]
reticle instead of dotdot size survey - What size dot? Vote_lcapdot size survey - What size dot? Voting_bardot size survey - What size dot? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
What the heck is a dot.dot size survey - What size dot? Vote_lcapdot size survey - What size dot? Voting_bardot size survey - What size dot? Vote_rcap 3% [ 2 ] 
Total Votes : 78
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 4/15/2016, 12:09 pm

Man... I'm sorry for the repost then. Thank you for pointing it out.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 4/15/2016, 12:32 pm

I've pretty much settled on the 4moa dot, BUT there are days that the two MOA seems much clearer.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 4/15/2016, 1:14 pm

The 2 moa has smaller star bursts and multiple dots. YMMV Smile
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigtrout 4/15/2016, 1:54 pm

The 3 MOA FF3 dot is kind of starry at the next to lowest intensity.  My UD Micro 2 MOA looks like a perfect circle at the next to lowest intensity.

Last edited by Bigtrout on 4/16/2016, 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 4/16/2016, 6:15 am

For those of you that said you switch dot size from long to shirt line, does the dot keep zeroed when you switch?

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 4/16/2016, 11:29 am

Jwhelan939 wrote:For those of you that said you switch dot size from long to shirt line, does the dot keep zeroed when you switch?

I tried it.  It changes.  Different scopes might change different amount.  Now I just stick to the 8 MOA
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down