Aimpoint 9000SC

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aimpoint 9000SC

Post by LenV on 4/28/2016, 8:10 am

First topic message reminder :

Might go for a decent price. NFI

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252367413157?_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
LenV

Back to top Go down

Re: Aimpoint 9000SC

Post by 10sandxs on 5/16/2016, 9:30 pm

So I recieved my aimpoint 9000sc today. No rings, thought it came with rings... annoying, but fine, I'll go buy some rings. Put the battery in and turned it on. I was not impressed with the dot quality. It has more of a tail than any of my ultradots, or fast fire 3, but is equal to my vortex sparc2. The first four positions show no dot. The next three positions are about equal to positions 1-8 on my ultradot, position 8 is very bright and results in a red haze arround the outside diameter of the lense. Position 9 is so bright the dot looks like 30 minutes and there is a solid red ring arround the outside diameter.

It's going back and I'm finding something else... crap, back to the drawing board, maybe sightron afterall...

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck on 5/16/2016, 11:04 pm

Have you tried rotating the scope? If the tail rotates then it's in the scope if not it's your eye or glasses. I have both scopes and have to admit the Sightron dot is better. Odd you didn't get rings, mine came with rings! I liked them so much I ordered 2 more pair from Midway. The Sightron rings are not bad but the screw is larger. I don't like that they have a piece of linen glued in the top and bottom of the ring. I wanted to test the Sightron on my Morini but the screws were larger and I didn't want to enlarge the slots because they fit perfect with the Aimpoint rings so I ordered 2 more sets.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV on 5/16/2016, 11:22 pm

I shot a 2700 this weekend and used my 9000sc for the 45 match and the Reeves match. There were several shooters there that follow this forum and were curious about the scope. The dot was perfectly round but like mentioned above there was not much of the dial usable for outdoor matches. 8th and 9th were too bright and the 1st 4 were invisible. There is light there but you would have to be in a dark closet to use it. One of the shooters follows this enough that he picked up a Sightron and really likes it but did not have time to zero before the match. I like the scope on the pistol I have it on but do not see another 9000 in my future. There was no (very little) parallax and the pistol with that scope shot lots of one shot groups. One over here, one over there but all on call. I just needed to have the dot actually over the spot I want to hit when the trigger goes off. Smile
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck on 5/17/2016, 12:22 pm

Your right Len, those idiots that design these scopes should be required to shoot with them. 4 settings for night shooting is a waste and the top settings I think I can see if looking directly at the Sun! Being it's mounted on the Morini and my rings to mount the Sightron are not here yet plus wanting to play with my new toy I shot a little yesterday. Didn't have much time so I shot 5 shots at a 50 yards behind my shop. I think it was setting 5 I used as it was late in the day and 6 was too bright. 4 shots felt good, I called them 10s one I called low left. I went down range since I didn't have any equipment just the gun and muffs, I had 4 X and a 10 about 7 O-clock Smile Though I think it was due to the exceptional trigger on the Morini the scope worked great! Being somewhat heavy it works well on the light Morini. I did re-barrel the Morini and in doing so made the end piece out of Aluminum anticipating the mounting of the heavy 9000SC.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum