Iron sight adjustments for Pardini SP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Iron sight adjustments for Pardini SP

Post by Dipnet on 4/30/2016, 3:20 pm

Shot my first CMP match with my Pardini SPBE (sans dot sight of course) and neglected to dope out sight adjustment difference between the long and short lines. Has anybody worked this out for their pistols (using SV ammo, e.g., 1070 fps)? Using a 6 'o'clock hold, my pistol, which was sighted in at 25 yards, shot low at 50 (edge 8-ring). I would imagine the number of clicks between 25 and 50 are probably fairly consistent in recently manufactured pistols. Thanks, dipnet
Dipnet

Back to top Go down

Re: Iron sight adjustments for Pardini SP

Post by john bickar on 4/30/2016, 7:03 pm

Come down 3-5 clicks from 50 to 25.
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz35m on 5/1/2016, 11:58 am

I have never needed to make sight adjustments between 50 and 25 when shooing 22.  If you look up a ballistics chart for 22 it is very flat out to 50 yds.  

Are you sure you are getting the same sight picture between 50 and 25?
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck on 5/1/2016, 1:43 pm

No bullet can shoot flat, it impossible. In target shooting the .22 the bullet rises to the X ring at 25 then falls to the X ring at 50 yards if 6 O'clock hold is used with irons sights and standard velocity ammo.  I was told the reason for the difference in black rings at 25 and 50 yards was to have no needed sight change. If center hold is used sight adjustment is necessary. Mid range trajectory for Std Vel. .22 is 2" if sighted at 50 yards. Another determining factor is the amount of height the sights are above the bore.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman on 5/2/2016, 10:19 am

I usually put four down with the Ultradot on my Pardini.
I had to come 6 down with the iron sights on my Pardini.
Maybe the adjustments are more fine on the iron sights.
Using Aguila Pistol Match.
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by carykiteboarder on 5/5/2016, 12:33 pm

First, always listen to the High Master.  (in this case, John Bicker)  He doesn't need math or tables... he just KNOWS.

However, if you are curious, the ballistics tables say if sighted at 50yds, 2-3 clicks down at 25.  To reproduce that information...
You can go to gundata.org and try the ballistics calculator.  The sight height for the Pardini SPBE top of front sight to center of bore = 0.8"  I used CCI SV as ammo choice. The table generates 25yd impact 0.66" high at 25yds.  Pardini says their iron sights adjust 8mm per click (@25m) and 8mm is ~ 1/3".

I'll let you do the math for six o'clock hold.  At 50yds, you are holding 4" below the center of the X-ring and at 25yds you are holding ~2.8" below the center of the X-ring.  You know that the result gets you to John Bicker's answer!

Keep in mind that Ultradot scopes on the Pardini end up ~1.5" above center of the bore and that makes a difference.  Those tables show ~1/4" high at 25yds. That is one click.  Personally, I don't bother.  Ultradot "clicks" are not known to be consistent anyway.
Glen
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman on 8/23/2016, 3:26 am

Pardini SP iron sight adjustments.

Turning the elevation screw clockwise lowers the shot.
Turning the windage screw clockwise shifts the shot to the right.
Adjustments are 5mm per click at 25 meters.

In imperial measurements this translates to 0.18" per click at 25 yards, and 0.36" per click at 50 yards.
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by trotterlg on 8/23/2016, 11:40 am

When you look at the ballistics tables you need to know you are really sighting in so that you are high 2.8 inches at 25 yards because you are using the 6 "O" Clock hold.  When I do the calculations I get the results that you should be near dead center at both ranges.  This is if you have your poi dead on at 100 yards, that makes you high 2.8 at 25 yards and high 4.2 at 50 yards, nearly exactly what you want.  Larry

trotterlg

Back to top Go down

Post by carykiteboarder on 8/24/2016, 7:02 am

Just confirming Dan's information.  (The Pardini manual is confusing... the only trigger adjustment prose is in the section for the FPE and it mentions 8mm per click (@50m).  There is a table in the back of the manual which shows that all of the SP/HP models are 5mm per click (presumably @25m).
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis on 8/24/2016, 9:56 am

I've noticed the difference with and without Ultradot with the Pardini. I never thought about the sight height even though I know that it makes a difference with Rifle. Thanks.
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum