Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colt GCNM specs

+2
AllAces
inthebeech
6 posters

Go down

Colt GCNM specs Empty Colt GCNM specs

Post by inthebeech Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:20 pm

Are the new Series 70 GC's supposed to be built to any tighter specs than a Mil-Spec gun?  For that matter maybe that's unfair; were the old Series 70 GC's built any differently?  I just handled one in a local GS and maybe it is a bit tighter but if it is, it's not by much.  I couldn't really tell though since I was not stripping it down to check play.  Just curious.  If they are tight enough to shoot three inch groups then it is a five hundred dollar cheaper option than a Les Baer.
inthebeech
inthebeech

Back to top Go down

Colt GCNM specs Empty Re: Colt GCNM specs

Post by AllAces Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:38 pm

If you are looking to go wad gun or hardball, why not start with a Springfield Armory Range Officer and have a bullseye smith like Dave Salyer do the build.
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:42 pm

New Colt stuff is not much to be excited about I ordered a Special edition Wiley Clapp model for a customer and it was loose and not well fitted at all. The Springfield's are much tighter and better made these days. The old series 70's were great guns, the new ones are just ok.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullshooter Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:51 pm

They were ok in their day, but the stock Colt Series 70 don't compare that well in quality against the current Springfield Armory 1911s.

Walt

Bullshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:35 pm

The Springfield Range Officer I had was very tight and the slide was serialized to the frame. The Gold Cup 80 I had was very loose.
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by ST BERNARD Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Well,..... I finally went ahead and bought the new Gold Cup, and it's a beautiful pistol. Can't find anything not to like. Will be getting a KC roll trigger kit for it,  even though the factory pull is manageable as is, and has gotten better from some burnishing and much dry firing.
  Can someone tell me what's the size of the front sight dovetail .... hoping it's the 65 degree x .330 Novak, as there are many options in that size.
                                     Thanks in advance;
                                                                       Bill

ST BERNARD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down