Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recoil spring weight for long slide / iron sights

3 posters

Go down

Recoil spring weight for long slide / iron sights Empty Recoil spring weight for long slide / iron sights

Post by Super Dave Mon 22 Aug 2016, 10:58 pm

Hi,

I was wondering what spring weight would be suggested for a 6" slide / iron sights shooting 4.2 grains Titegroup with 200 grain lead SWC.

Thanks,
Dave

Super Dave

Back to top Go down

Recoil spring weight for long slide / iron sights Empty Re: Recoil spring weight for long slide / iron sights

Post by kc.crawford.7 Tue 23 Aug 2016, 9:02 am

Dave,

Wolff does make springs for a 6" gun, but they are a custom fit.  They're rated from 1-5, 1 being the strongest and 5 is the lightest.  They sell a kit,
13191COLT 1911 LONGSLIDE RECOIL CALIBRATION PAK35.99
I would start at #3 and adjust as needed from there.
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Recoil spring weight for long slide / iron sights Empty Re: Recoil spring weight for long slide / iron sights

Post by Super Dave Tue 23 Aug 2016, 9:52 am

Excellent, thank you KC.  I appreciate the help,
Dave

Super Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake1911 Tue 23 Aug 2016, 8:03 pm

If you have a full length guide rod sti makes a plug for a 6" slide that will accept standard 5" springs. That's what i use in mine.

Jake1911

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down