Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can the trigger be radiused on a Distinguished Revolver>

5 posters

Go down

Can the trigger be radiused on a Distinguished Revolver> Empty Can the trigger be radiused on a Distinguished Revolver>

Post by Super Dave Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:40 pm

Hi,

I have a model 14 and the trigger is squared and pretty sharp...painful in double action.  Would it be out of compliance with the rules for Distinguished Revolver if I had the trigger rounded?

Thanks,
Dave

Super Dave

Back to top Go down

Can the trigger be radiused on a Distinguished Revolver> Empty Re: Can the trigger be radiused on a Distinguished Revolver>

Post by LenV Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:54 pm

Nope. That would be an obvious external modification. You can however shoot the pistol with any factory trigger available for that pistol. Swap the trigger for a smooth one.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Can the trigger be radiused on a Distinguished Revolver> Empty Re: Can the trigger be radiused on a Distinguished Revolver>

Post by AllAces Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:55 pm

I have a Model 14 and it has the S&W target trigger which is very comfortable, both single and double action.  If you have the standard trigger and a heavy trigger pull, I can see how it would be uncomfortable.
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Dave Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:08 pm

OK, thanks for the info.  I figured that was the case but wanted to make sure.  
Dave

Super Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by weber1b Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:16 pm

OldMaster66 wrote:Nope. That would be an obvious external modification. You can however shoot the pistol with any factory trigger available for that pistol. Swap the trigger for a smooth one.

Len
What about adding a travel screw to the trigger?

weber1b

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:52 pm

On one of mine is a smooth target triigger

http://m.ebay.com/itm/S-W-Smith-and-Wesson-K-L-N-Smooth-Blued-Pistol-Trigger-6A24-/302043412412?nav=SEARCH

Last edited by james r chapman on Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:54 pm

weber1b wrote:
OldMaster66 wrote:Nope. That would be an obvious external modification. You can however shoot the pistol with any factory trigger available for that pistol. Swap the trigger for a smooth one.

Len
What about adding a travel screw to the trigger?
No,
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down