Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Mountain Competition Beretta 92

+19
pgg
davekp
zanemoseley
Sc0
messenger
Bullshooter
Froneck
joy2shoot
SMBeyer
C-Train
Jon Eulette
orpheoet
john bickar
BE Mike
cjmill87
robert84010
Chris Miceli
JayhawkNavy02
SmokinNJokin
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

New Mountain Competition Beretta 92 - Page 3 Empty New Mountain Competition Beretta 92

Post by SmokinNJokin 8/28/2016, 12:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

So here is the current Beretta 92 model offered by MCP. It is a brigadier (of which he is the only importer, he sells to Wilson Combat who resells them), so has the heavy slide. The quality of machining on the new Berettas is night and day to the old 92. The slide and frame fit is so good from the factory (they are machined in Turkey now) that Dr. Nick deemed rails to be unnecessary.

The MCP upgrades include a new barrel, pins inserted into the frame to guide barrel lockup, and trigger assembly. The trigger has been moved forward to correct length of pull, and includes a shoe for slow fire. Placing the trigger finger on the bottom of the shoe by the lip results in a 3lb pull, weighing in the center will lift 4lbs. For sustained fire, the shoe is removed and curved trigger is used. Pull is an excellent medium roll.
The slow twist KKM barrel is no longer used, MCP pistols now have a walther 1:18.5 barrel machined from a blank and melonited with a cmp-legal bushing installed.

Sights are standard champion or LPA-rear, with a cylinder and slide dovetailed front. Rear sight is slightly canted to the right, this is something I have seen on several match Beretta's and I believe is due to the way the dovetail is angled on LPA and champion sights.

The pistol is excellent, the trigger in particular is one of the best I have felt. The pins guide lockup in such a way that the barrel does not touch the frame anywhere but the pins, and slide opens and closes smoothly with no resistance.

The gun also comes with a sprinco system (if you aren't familiar it is just a dual recoil spring system like the ones used in most modern semi-autos).

As far as reports of terrible customer service, my personal experience was excellent. Great communication, good conversation and an excellent product delivered as promised. I was not charged until the gun shipped. I will be purchasing more firearms from Dr. Nick. As long as you understand that Mountain Competition is his hobby, and aren't in a huge hurry to make some deadline, I think you will have a pleasant experience.

I will report on accuracy when I get some 9mm cooked up - my end of season reloading chores are in progress. As of yet I have only shot it with some mixed reloads I had laying around and the results were very favorable.
New Mountain Competition Beretta 92 - Page 3 IMG_2695_zpshfumllsc
New Mountain Competition Beretta 92 - Page 3 IMG_2696_zpsfilspqce
New Mountain Competition Beretta 92 - Page 3 IMG_2697_zps17jjwt3m

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

New Mountain Competition Beretta 92 - Page 3 Empty Re: New Mountain Competition Beretta 92

Post by 230Ball 4/12/2018, 11:37 am

Is there a cut-off date for good or bad productions runs?  The reason I asked is that I have an M9 I purchased new in 2007, and may be a good doner for mod to a ball gun.
230Ball
230Ball

Back to top Go down

New Mountain Competition Beretta 92 - Page 3 Empty Re: New Mountain Competition Beretta 92

Post by robert84010 4/12/2018, 12:13 pm

Your best bet is to look into this one:

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t9273-sams-m9-for-sale

robert84010

Back to top Go down

Post by 230Ball 4/12/2018, 12:38 pm

Wilco. Thanks Robert!
230Ball
230Ball

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 4/18/2018, 10:15 pm

Just say no to his Wad Guns. The one 92 race gun I handled was nice but I did not shoot it.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by pgg 5/23/2018, 9:38 am

Does anyone have current contact information for Dr Nick?

The phone number on his web site just goes to some kind of not-an-answering-machine.

No replies to emails for 6 weeks. I have the nick58@ address.

He's had my gun for a number of months now and I'm getting frustrated. I assume he's still alive but he's apparently fallen off the face of the earth.

pgg

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld 5/23/2018, 10:16 am

I no longer have his gun but I had similar experiences trying to contact him. Best luck I had was to call his number at 9pm on a Friday. On more than one occasion he answered.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3