Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Match, Great Experience

4 posters

Go down

First Match, Great Experience Empty First Match, Great Experience

Post by cjmill87 8/28/2016, 3:49 pm

I've been lurking on here awhile now but due to my job and family commitments, yesterday was officially the first BE match that I have been able to attend (and I jumped in deep with a full 2700).  I want to give a big shout out to Mr. Cecil Rhodes and the Sir Walter Gun Club for a very well run match and being incredibly patient and helpful with a new guy.  Even though I will only be in North Carolina for a few more months, I gladly made some shopping concessions to the Commander at home last night in order to pencil the remaining matches on the calendar based on my experience.  I didn't shoot all that great but finally had some Aha! moments that had me increase my score on the final 900 agg by over 150 points from the previous 2.  All in all I was pleased with the outcome and definitely have some more work to do before the next match to keep moving forward towards my goals.
cjmill87
cjmill87

Back to top Go down

First Match, Great Experience Empty Re: First Match, Great Experience

Post by CR10X 8/28/2016, 5:24 pm

Thank you for the complements and I'm very pleased you had a good match.  It was a long hot day with a full line (and we had to turn away a couple of shooters) It was an interesting match, for example one shooter shot a 100 on the long line on the very first string he fired with a borrowed .22 (mine), that he had never shot before. And no, I didn't sell it to him.  

I look forward to see you again.  But most of the credit for having good matches goes to the great support from all the bullseye shooters and match directors in NC, SC and VA.  In NC alone during each month; you can shoot in Asheville on first Saturday, Charlotte on the second Saturday, Durham on the 3rd Sunday and SWGC (Raleigh) on the 4th Saturday.  

And don't forget that the Durham Pistol and Rifle Club (Clark Hardesty) has the State Match in October:  

October 15  North Carolina State Championship Service Pistol Match. EIC, 22 EIC & DR relays.
October 16  North Carolina State Championship Match 2700.   EIC, 22 EIC & DR relays.
                     Lunch will be provided on Sunday to all pre-registered competitors.
                    State Champion will be the high scoring North Carolina state resident.

And I believe KC Crawford will be there for gunsmithing services as well.

Again, thank you for coming out to the match.  And if you have any questions, please just send me a email.

Thank you very much!

Cecil

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by joy2shoot 8/28/2016, 9:41 pm

CR10X wrote:October 15  North Carolina State Championship Service Pistol Match. EIC, 22 EIC & DR relays.
October 16  North Carolina State Championship Match 2700.   EIC, 22 EIC & DR relays.
                     Lunch will be provided on Sunday to all pre-registered competitors.
                    State Champion will be the high scoring North Carolina state resident.

And I believe KC Crawford will be there for gunsmithing services as well.

KC did tell me that he will be there both Saturday the 15th and Sunday the 16th.

joy2shoot

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 8/28/2016, 9:52 pm

Great post and kudos Cecil and KC for the awesome support to shooters!

Cheers,
Derek
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down