Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Bullseye clubs or competitions in KY

+2
BE Mike
SmokinNJokin
6 posters

Go down

Looking for Bullseye clubs or competitions in KY Empty Looking for Bullseye clubs or competitions in KY

Post by SmokinNJokin 9/30/2016, 12:21 pm

Gentlemen,
I am currently shopping for a new home to attend grad school... and the quality of bullseye competition in the area is a major factor. Does anyone on the forum hail from the Louisville-Lexington, KY (or surrounds) area and know of some good clubs or competition to be had? I'm willing to drive quite a ways - but Nashville Matchmasters is way too far away for anything but regionals (Plus being leg meat for the AMU gets old!) Across the river in the Jeffersonville/Clarksville, IN area would be of interest as well.
Thanks for your input!

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Looking for Bullseye clubs or competitions in KY Empty Re: Looking for Bullseye clubs or competitions in KY

Post by BE Mike 10/1/2016, 8:25 am

Since Pete Gillis passed away several years ago, there has not been any interest in bullseye pistol shooting at the Bluegrass Sportsman Club near Wilmore, KY even though they have an excellent range. Now, your best option, is the Southern Indiana Rifle & Pistol Club. It has a 50 foot, ten point indoor range and an outdoor range. The indoor range is near Georgetown, IN and the outdoor range is near Borden, IN. Both ranges are within easy driving distance from New Albany, Clarksville, Jeff, Louisville, etc. Weekly indoor bullseye pistol shoots are run on Wed. and Fri. evenings. During the winter, indoor NRA approved 1800's are held. In the warmer months they hold 2700's outdoors. There are various outdoor rifle matches held, as well as, indoor International Air Pistol & Air Rifle matches. Here is the website: http://www.southernindianarifleandpistolclub.com
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Looking for Bullseye clubs or competitions in KY Empty Re: Looking for Bullseye clubs or competitions in KY

Post by SmokinNJokin 10/1/2016, 10:47 am

Mike,
I grew up in Corydon and had no idea there was even a range in Georgetown. I may need to go check that out next time I visit.

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 10/1/2016, 12:16 pm

It may be too far for regular practice but there are monthly, state, and regional matches held in Columbia TN. So if you want to attend a few matches through out the year, it's only 3 hours or so south of Louisville.
Tim:H11
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 10/1/2016, 12:54 pm

There are bullseye matches in Indy, Evansville and the Cincinnati area. Cincinnati also has a monthly indoor match during the winter.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Looking for Bullseye clubs or competitions in KY Empty Cincinnati Revolver Club Matches

Post by Vern 10/1/2016, 8:55 pm

Cincinnati Revolver Club has monthly 1800 indoor matches.
Here is a link to their web site    http://cincinnatirevolverclub.net/
Their first match is Oct. 23

Vern

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Train 10/3/2016, 9:44 am

Hey SmoknJoe,

Me and a buddy of mine are in Frankfort and Lexington areas and shoot CMP Service Pistol matches. We just came back from the Daniel Boone Gun Club Regional match in Chandler, IN this weekend. They hold 2700 matches regularly and EIC matches annually at this Regional match. If you'd want anyone to practice with we'd definitely be interested. The other options everyone else has mentioned are the only ones I know of. BE Mike is correct about the Wilmore, KY Bluegrass Sportsman's League. My buddy contacted them about bullseye service pistol a long time back and never even got a response.

-Chris

C-Train

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinNJokin 10/3/2016, 4:24 pm

Chris,
That is a hell of a drive! If I end up in Lexington this summer I will definitely look you guys up. It sounds like Columbia, TN might be our best bet. The monthly matchmasters matches they hold are great, and the regionals have good service pistol matches with 20+ competitors (even though usually more than half are distinguished). I'm really surprised there is no bullseye going on in Lexington.

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by BE Mike 10/4/2016, 9:00 am

SmokinNJokin wrote:Chris,
That is a hell of a drive! If I end up in Lexington this summer I will definitely look you guys up. It sounds like Columbia, TN might be our best bet. The monthly matchmasters matches they hold are great, and the regionals have good service pistol matches with 20+ competitors (even though usually more than half are distinguished). I'm really surprised there is no bullseye going on in Lexington.
The facility is there, but it takes someone who is willing to organize and run matches. Most folks want to shoot and the ones who are willing to run matches often get little help and are saddled with a permanent job that pays nothing. Jerry Chaney, who is a high master from London, KY used to shoot at the Bluegrass Sportsmen's League, but quit after Pete Gillis passed. There is always the possibility of someone stepping up to the plate and getting things rolling again. KY has never been a hot bed for bullseye shooting and I really don't know why.
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by dennymac 10/10/2016, 11:03 am

There is an 1800 indoor match at SIRAPC this Saturday. Right now there are openings on the line. Contact Dave Richardson for more information. taxmanky@comcast.net I hope to see you there. Look me up. There is also a match at Miami Rifle & Pistol CLub on Sunday. I plan to be there, too. Wayne McLeod

dennymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down