Range officer upgrades

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Range officer upgrades

Post by SW-52 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:48 pm

hi people,i purchase my range officer and i will upgrade the pistol. i see the wilson combat front strap and looks very nice,the long trigger of the range officer looks nice,but in the case i add a trigger shoe,my finger no longer and is very diffcult to shoot with a long trigger and a trigger shoe at same time. i see the greider triggers,the small and medium,i plans to buy the short and add a trigger shoe for compensate and shooting comfort. i have small hands and my trigger finger size is 7 1/2 cm. i think the short trigger is the best option for me. i accept recommendations.

SW-52
NRA Classification : Marksman
Posts : 139
Join date : 2015-07-20
Age : 32

 

SW-52

Posts : 187
Join date : 2015-07-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Range officer upgrades

Post by Jon Eulette on Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:29 pm

I find that a shooter with a smaller hand benefits from hand checkered front strap. The checkering removes material and will reduce grip size; front to back. Easier to control 45 with slightly smaller grip too. Can also have grip safety ground/reduced to get finger closer to trigger.
Jon

Jon Eulette

Posts : 1159
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : Southern Kalifornia

Back to top Go down

Re: Range officer upgrades

Post by SW-52 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:35 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:I find that a shooter with a smaller hand benefits from hand checkered front strap. The checkering removes material and will reduce grip size; front to back. Easier to control 45 with slightly smaller grip too. Can also have grip safety ground/reduced to get finger closer to trigger.
Jon
thanks jon. in trigger size for my hand what is the best option,medium or short?

SW-52

Posts : 187
Join date : 2015-07-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Range officer upgrades

Post by Jon Eulette on Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Only you know:)
You need to try one out. I rarely fit medium triggers. Been a while. Typically short or long. I use medium when I use a shoe to make it long. But short will probably be fine.
Jon

Jon Eulette

Posts : 1159
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : Southern Kalifornia

Back to top Go down

Re: Range officer upgrades

Post by SW-52 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:41 pm

Jon Eulette wrote:Only you know:)
You need to try one out. I rarely fit medium triggers. Been a while. Typically short or long. I use medium when I use a shoe to make it long. But short will probably be fine.
Jon
thank you jon.

SW-52

Posts : 187
Join date : 2015-07-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Range officer upgrades

Post by BE Mike on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:14 am

Trigger length is definitely an individual thing. Go with what is comfortable and produces results. I have two SA pistols. One has the original sear and hammer, etc. The other has a Cylinder & Slide kit. The C&S kit makes a world of difference, if you like a crisp trigger.

BE Mike

Posts : 1145
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : Indiana

Back to top Go down

Re: Range officer upgrades

Post by SW-52 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:38 pm

BE Mike wrote:Trigger length is definitely an individual thing. Go with what is comfortable and produces results. I have two SA pistols. One has the original sear and hammer, etc. The other has a Cylinder & Slide kit. The C&S kit makes a world of difference, if you like a crisp trigger.

my issue with the long trigger is in the situation i will add a trigger shoe,the combination makes my finger short and very difficult to make a good shot. i like greiders,but i want the best for me(short or medium),without affect the precision in my 1911.

SW-52

Posts : 187
Join date : 2015-07-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Range officer upgrades

Post by rich.tullo on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:56 pm

Checkering the front strap is expensive unless you have machinist skills. It is better but a $300 job. On Amazon,  you can buy Glock grip tape for $7 and it works, alternatively, skateboard tape or stair tape works. The Wilson thing works but it moves.  

Some RO out of the box can be very accurate. I scored a guy that shot an 867 with one He installed a Marvel slide rail himself, got a trigger job, and changed the bushing which is a must for bullseye on those guns. He said he used a NM bushing, I would measure the barrel and slide and order a custom EGW bushing. He was shooting Zeros 185 gn JHPs. 

When you get a trigger job change the trigger bow, the thing about shoes (I have a short trigger finger) you will need to get one that gives you some clearance otherwise it turns into a trigger stop. The DL shoes work good but need to be trimmed with a diamond file. I like the ace size C3 for my 45acp and R20 for my 22lr.

rich.tullo

Posts : 588
Join date : 2015-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Range officer upgrades

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:07 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum