WTS: RRA Bullseye Wadcutter

Go down

WTS: RRA Bullseye Wadcutter

Post by Shabsy Maroon on Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:38 pm

Last edited by Shabsy Maroon on Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Shabsy Maroon

Back to top Go down

Re: WTS: RRA Bullseye Wadcutter

Post by DavidR on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:23 pm

Dennis who? . Since you are a new member with only two posts, I feel as an administrator I must throw up the RED FLAG  AND ask anyone interested in trying to purchase this gun to please do their do diligence and check out the seller before sending any funds. Nothing personal but many of the shooting community have been swindled on other forums by scams for goods for sale by new or unknown posters and we don't want that to happen to our members.

Last edited by DavidR on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

i got that.. just want to have my gun sold. Am not a scam... am sorry, i can get it removed if that's cool with you

Post by Shabsy Maroon on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:48 pm

DavidR wrote:Dennis who? . Since you are a new member with only two posts, I feel as an administrator I must ask anyone interested in trying to purchase this gun to please do their do diligence and check out the seller before sending any funds. Nothing personal but many of the shooting community have been swindled on other forums by scams for goods for sale by new or unknown posters and we don't want that to happen to our members.

Shabsy Maroon

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:17 pm

Just mention the Dennis you referenced
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Initially, i posted it on Armlist, and he shows interest buying but later went for another one..... so he told me i could get a better buyer off here....this is the mail he sent me:

Post by Shabsy Maroon on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:37 pm

Message from dcsjazzgmailcom about RRA Bullseye Wadcutter

Reply all

|

Yesterday, 9:55 PM
Kind of surprised you have not gotten more inquiries, that's a fair price for the gun. Have you tried posting it on Bullseye Pistol related forums? That pistol is setup for NRA Bullseye Pistol and I know those guys are always looking to find a used RRA like the one you have.  Take a look at bullseyeforumnet You can register and post it for free, and I'm sure if you post it there, you will get multiple inquiries once they see a picture of it.  There is a Commercial Row section of the forum where everybody posts used guns, equipment, etc.

Shabsy Maroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shabsy Maroon on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:39 pm

sorry for intruding your forum...

Shabsy Maroon

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger on Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:08 pm

The text is Identical to a RR wad gun that was on gun broker for I think $2400.00. I then saw the same gun on arms list for $2000.00 and he was listed as unregistered. It's still on there as of last week. The one picture on arms list is identical to one of the many pictured on gun broker. Arms list showed origination from Georgia. I can't remember the origin of the gun broker listing but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Georgia. I would snap that RR up in an instant If I knew it was legit for $1500.00 but I have a pretty strong feeling I wouldn't ever see the RR or my $1500.00 ever again. Come to think of it arms list had a listing for a 38 wad cutter 1911 that sold off of this forum that originated from Georgia from someone listed as unregistered. How can you sell a firearm without being registered? Run Forest Run!!!

Bill
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by cjmill87 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:20 pm

Where are you located?  Is face to face sale possible?
cjmill87

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:38 am

Shabsy Maroon wrote:sorry for intruding your forum...
Sir all you had to do was answer the question, Dennis Who? The person you were using as a reference, which was asked by me and others and never addressed. Other suspect things, description is off the RRA website, no mention of the match dot that is pictured either. I would suspect this is a scam and advise no one to bite. I searched his name for FFL dealer and found no such dealer listed. That gun is well worth 2200-2400, as they say if it sounds to good to be true it usually is. If you are legit then please give us your FFL dealer number, and business name and address.
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAces on Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:01 pm

Shabsy Maroon wrote:.
This of course is a made up name from "Shabsy", a DJ well known on the west coast, and Maroon 5, an LA rock pop band. On the RRA website these guns are selling for $2500.  I know several BE shooters who have had wad guns made from RR 1911's, but I know of no BE shooter who has purchased one of these models.  It would be interesting to hear from someone on the forum who has purchased this model RR 1911 and their opinion of it.  I personally would be very reluctant to purchase a wad gun that had not been built by one of the known bullseye smiths.
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR on Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:18 pm

AllAces wrote:
Shabsy Maroon wrote:.
This of course is a made up name from "Shabsy", a DJ well known on the west coast, and Maroon 5, an LA rock pop band. On the RRA website these guns are selling for $2500.  I know several BE shooters who have had wad guns made from RR 1911's, but I know of no BE shooter who has purchased one of these models.  It would be interesting to hear from someone on the forum who has purchased this model RR 1911 and their opinion of it.  I personally would be very reluctant to purchase a wad gun that had not been built by one of the known bullseye smiths.
Rock River Arms wadguns are very good guns. Not to be confused with low price and quality Rock Island Arms. If you need another endorsement here's one.... Philip Hemphill just won the National championship match at camp perry shooting a Rock River wad gun just like the scam artist wanted to sell. I myself own one and they are great guns.
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Gravely on Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:23 pm

Thanks to you wise observers for detecting this fraud before one of us got burned.

-archer
Archer Gravely

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheapshot on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:03 am

I know this is an old post, but I am very grateful the Admin caught it. So many frauds trying to run a game on hard working folks. Thanks again.

David

Cheapshot

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:49 pm

We try and watch but hope all you members due their due diligence here or other places, lots of scamers out there and they are uping their game so be very careful and please report to us any thing that looks odd!
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum