New Member introduction Topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Member introduction Topic

Post by DavidR on Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:55 pm

Hello and welcome to the family, you have joined the worlds largest gathering of Bullseye "precision pistol" shooter's and bullseye Gunsmith's on the planet! These folks are the friendliest and most knowledgeable to the sport you will ever find in one place and all willing to help with anything you might care to discuss about the sport. Please tell us a little about yourself and what brings you here!

DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: New Member introduction Topic

Post by Jon Math on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:10 am

I’m an avid hunter and fisherman and in the late 80’s was an active competitor in small bore rifle, rapid pistol, air rifle and air pistol.  I got tired of having to drag around enough equipment for a short vacation every time I went shooting -- and also got married -- and drifted away from competition shooting.  Now I’m closer to 60 than 50 years old, the kids are grown, and want to get back in a shooting sport.  Bullseye style pistol seems like a lifelong sport; and I have no interest in running around a course, hiding behind cars, or dressing up like Wyatt Earp to shoot a single action revolver.  Those are all fine sports I’m sure, and I have no problem with the competitors in them, but they are not my idea of enjoyment.

I plan to start slowly, maybe shoot in an indoor gallery league, and go from there.

I’m here to learn as much as I can from experienced shooters.  Seems like a great board, with very knowledgeable members I’m really happy to be here.

Jon

Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:57 am

Welcome Jon. Post where your from and people will respond with leagues and matches near you. With your experience, you should take to this in no time.

mspingeld

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:07 am

Thank you!
Just updated my Info.

Jon

Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:02 am

welcome

DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Firch on Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:19 pm

Hello all,
I am a 51 years old guy getting back into the shooting sports. In the early 2000's I shot skeet for several years. Intrest was lost and I moved on to other hobbies. These included high power rocketry, woodworking, brewing beer, koi fish keeping(still do), building Hifi speakers, high performance slot car bulding/racing. Last year I had to have a major neck surgery to fix a pinched spinal cord. My neck was fused with a plate and core. I have damage to my ulnar nerve in my left arm and damage to my right arm nerve resulting in loss of dexterity in both hands and the first joint of my trigger finger will not bend very much at all. Having said that, I will never be a competitive shooter but I like to go to the range and have fun. I wish to be the best I personally can be. I am a revolver guy and I shoot a Colt Diamondback .38 special. I will soon be getting a Smith & Wesson 686 and mounting a red dot. I do not want to modify the Colt as it has come up in value and it was my mothers duty weapon when she was doing police work in the '80's. I know I will pick up tips and fundamentals on bullseye shooting here and I thank all in advance.

Robert Firch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:41 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum