Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another "one of these things is not like another"

4 posters

Go down

Another "one of these things is not like another" Empty Another "one of these things is not like another"

Post by Aprilian Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:09 pm

I bought some once-fired Winchester brass and found one with an interesting flash hole. It looks like it was made that way, not drilled out by someone. 

Another "one of these things is not like another" <a href=Another "one of these things is not like another" 55AF19D4-7FE6-48B7-8850-42AE8AE8E052_zpsv0kgxvte" />
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Another "one of these things is not like another" Empty Re: Another "one of these things is not like another"

Post by cdrt Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:00 pm

I have found them in the past, as well.  I was told Winchester did it to see if it would help with better ignition in their defensive rounds, but do not have confirmation of that.  I only had a few of them and tossed them in the recycle bucket.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Another "one of these things is not like another" Empty Re: Another "one of these things is not like another"

Post by jglenn21 Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:22 pm

can't tell from the picture but is it marks NT
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:24 pm

Never mind the NT brass was all small primer stuff..
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:25 pm

Larger flash holes are in the range safe brass that has lead free primers in many brands, Winchester and federal mostly. I did some testing years back and they would hit to different points at 50 yards from the smaller flash holes but others here say they didn't find that in their tests.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down