2017 CMP Pistol Matches dates will not change

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2017 CMP Pistol Matches dates will not change

Post by csewell on Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:36 pm

The CMP does what is says it will do, simple as that.  The CMP portion of the 2017 National Match calendar will stay as it is now, no change.  The calendar was agreed upon months ago by all three partners and now one of the partners has decided to void the agreement.  Just that simple…  No one forced anybody out, no one got bullied, no one has the power to bully the other…  The partner that is leaving owns their decision solely and should take full responsibility for it. 

Here are some questions for all…  How is 9-14 July, going to work for NRA pistol when CMP Rifle starts on 15 July?  When is range change going to occur?  

Mark Johnson, CMP COO

csewell

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 CMP Pistol Matches dates will not change

Post by Blsi2600 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:57 pm

The State of Ohio owns the Camp Perry facility.  Correct?

The CMP has an agreement from the Ohio NG to use the facility in a limited manor.  Correct?

The NRA was allowed to lease the facility for the National Matches on certain days from what organization?

Please clarify.

Blsi2600

Back to top Go down

Post by csewell on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:02 pm

Yes, the State of Ohio owns Camp Perry. The ranges are leased to CMP for the National Matches. The NRA Championships are included in the National Matches under the CMP agreement with the National Guard. CMP & NRA had an MOU agreement to conduct the National Matches & NRA Championships together at Camp Perry.

csewell

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:09 pm

csewell wrote:The CMP does what is says it will do, simple as that.  The CMP portion of the 2017 National Match calendar will stay as it is now, no change.  The calendar was agreed upon months ago by all three partners and now one of the partners has decided to void the agreement.  Just that simple…  No one forced anybody out, no one got bullied, no one has the power to bully the other…  The partner that is leaving owns their decision solely and should take full responsibility for it. 

Here are some questions for all…  How is 9-14 July, going to work for NRA pistol when CMP Rifle starts on 15 July?  When is range change going to occur?  

Mark Johnson, CMP COO

Yep this is exactly what I wondered since July 3-4 were scheduled for tear down. And the 15th is the start of CMP safs. I'm guessing at least 2 days for range change.

Anyone else remember the "never let a crisis go to waste" philosophy we have lived with for the past 8 years? What is it when you try to create a crisis?

jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Danehogle on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:24 pm

Mr. Johnson, 
CMP rifle..?? You mean the Rifle clinics and SAFS which you use patrarca range? 
I am also told that the CMP owns the target turning system... correct? 
Why would you let the NRA use your system on days you don't want them to? The CMP has a chance to go back to " the way it was " 
The NRA have moved out HP ... and you, as the CMP will not move a day and a half of pistol matches to make it easer for the competitors?

Danehogle

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:32 pm

Petrarca is not used for SAFS. In my experience from 2012-2016, it has never been used for SAFS. It is used by Team Remington for their Clinic, and has been used for the non firing portion if the USMC Junior clinic. SAFS has some 600+ students from my memory and required all of Viale to run.

jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:36 pm

Danehogle wrote:Mr. Johnson, 
CMP rifle..?? You mean the Rifle clinics and SAFS which you use patrarca range? 
I am also told that the CMP owns the target turning system... correct? 
Why would you let the NRA use your system on days you don't want them to? The CMP has a chance to go back to " the way it was " 
The NRA have moved out HP ... and you, as the CMP will not move a day and a half of pistol matches to make it easer for the competitors?

Maybe a better question is why NRA moved pistol dates knowing there would be a conflict with CMP Rifle? Methinks something odorous emanates therein.

jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by csewell on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:41 pm

There are 3 clinics on the ranges July 15. Close to 800 shooters for SAFS on Viale, 160 CMP-USMC jr high power clinic shooters on Rodriquez and about 150 on Petrarca for the CMP-Remington Advanced highpower clinic.

csewell

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:44 pm

Sorry Christie if my numbers were wrong.

jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Danehogle on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:50 pm

Ok move NRA up a day or two. It's not rocket science

Danehogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Danehogle on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:55 pm

And even a better question is why pistol was pushed into June to  begin  with. How many state and regional matches got screwed? 
But I guess they don't count....

Danehogle

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:58 pm

Dane,
the NRA selected those dates. Those being July 9-14. Then they told the world about them yesterday..

jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by csewell on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:01 pm

Your numbers were close and you are right, we've never used Petrarca for SAFS. There's not enough firing points there.

csewell

Back to top Go down

Post by Danehogle on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:06 pm

Yep... and the NRA has a block of dates.. that they can use... 
Come on JM.. why do you think the CMP has " all new plans " for High power, smallbore, and pistol... did you see the email today?

Danehogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Danehogle on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:09 pm

Yep... and the NRA has a block of dates.. that they can use... 
Come on JM.. why do you think the CMP has " all new plans " for High power, smallbore, and pistol... did you see the email today?

Danehogle

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:21 pm

Saw it. I also heard speeches from Dennis for several years about how dedicated to Competitive Shooting the NRA is. Each of those speeches was followed by something like the targets article or last years article about changing the Silhouette Classification System, which I was told by a committee member they knew nothing about before the article. Then this year they tell the silhouette community that Nationals will stop rotating and only take place out west. Then that changes back to a rotation between East and West.

Look if the NRA wants to cancel pistol or move to Cardinal do it. Maybe I will attend one day. But I have scheduled 2017 based on the FINAL calendar.

How happy is small bore? How did that vote work out for them? You know the one that was ignored. How do they like being in Bristol? Now we can add high power and bullseye shooters to the dissatisfied groups as well. Who was consulted about moving the dates?

Dennis knew that the 15th was scheduled for CMP rifle. He should know how long tear down takes. So why would he change the dates to the 9th-14th? Seriously, what could be his object?

You're right it's not Rocket Science. So what was the reason?

jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:28 pm

I feel like we are being manipulated by NRA Competitions, plain and simple. And I don't like feeling manipulated.

jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Danehogle on Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:27 am

Who's final calendar..??? Oh... the CMP's....
 seeing as the NRA hasn't put a FINAL out there ...yet

Danehogle

Back to top Go down

Post by csewell on Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:00 pm

The 2017 National Matches calendar was finalized in July/August during the 2016 National Matches by all three partners:  Ohio National Guard, NRA and CMP.

csewell

Back to top Go down

Post by Danehogle on Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:38 pm

Well it seems it is not " finalized " after all... 
if it was, we would not be having this discussion.... correct.

Danehogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Blsi2600 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:05 pm

The order of who gets what at Perry has always been Ohio NG, CMP, and NRA last.  Until recently in a kind of a friendly way.  CMP is now in control.

Blsi2600

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:42 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum