Kart 22 conversion eBay

Post by Chris Miceli on 11/27/2016, 12:16 pm

Not mine but found it in eBay

http://m.ebay.com/itm/252646773915
Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Re: Kart 22 conversion eBay

Post by BE Mike on 11/28/2016, 9:37 am

I know that there are really reliable Kart .22 conversions out there, but I've seen them cause a lot of alibis at matches. I pretty much quit seeing them used in matches in the 90's. IMHO, that is the reason you really never saw Kart's take-off in bullseye pistol shooting, like the Marvel and Nelson. The Kart's were always extremely accurate, but not very reliable in the functioning department.
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette on 11/28/2016, 9:56 am

Used to see alibi's on constant/regular basis when I shot on Army Reserve Team. I can remember seeing top shooters lose a match because of their saved rounds because of the Kart conversion. KC is really good at getting Kart's to run.
Jon
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis on 11/28/2016, 1:06 pm

Jon, 

Was it just alot harder to get the earlier conversions to run reliably. Other than cold temps, my Marvel has worked fine. And I believe that if I keep my ammo in my pocket, it will perform fine in the cold too. 

I do have some issues with magazine fit and they are a little loose in the RO frame that I am using. But when the indoor temps were in the 60s+ it ran without problem for the mags that came with it and the SIG/GSG mags I also bought.
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette on 11/28/2016, 1:45 pm

I've found that when shooting my Marvel in colder temperatures requires a little extra lubrication. I use 8# spring but was going to try a 7# spring this winter to see if it helped things. 2nd round from magazine fails to feed when it gets cold. I normally use CCI SV in winter instead of Eley, RWS or Lapua. I'm interested in seeing if 7# spring alleviates the issue. I had a bunch of Aguilla that I was using and it was misfiring, stove piping and light powder charges (would drop rounds into 6 ring at 50 yds and not cycle/eject). But my previous response was to the Karts. I don't hardly see issues with Marvels or Nelsons at matches.
Jon
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 on 11/28/2016, 2:19 pm

While georgia is not really cold in Nov I have learned my lesson about keeping my loaded magazines in my pocket with a small handwarmer. 

Even keep my ammo boxes near a handwarmer on the bench.
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis on 11/28/2016, 2:34 pm

Jon, that is the exact problem. Second round feed with euro ammo. I did notice that the CCI std seemed to operate better. Sorry to take us off track and thanks for the information.
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by mbmshooter on 1/3/2017, 6:54 pm

Many years ago while shopping the competitor's swap meet at Camp Perry I came across a Kart.  I turned around to say hello to a friend and, when I turned back, the Kart had already been sold...for $225.  I expressed my dismay and the seller went to the trunk of his car and retrieved a Bob Day conversion.  I bought it and was amazed at its accuracy and reliability.  While in San Antonio I went to visit Bob at his gun shop and encouraged him to re-start his business.  About a year later I bought one of his new conversions and was equally pleased.  Bob passed many years ago but his conversions are a testament to this USAF armorer!

mbmshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by teg2658 on 1/4/2017, 2:19 pm

I owned several Karts through the years and never had function issues, just the slides creaking. Jackie Best taught me how to make Karts function. Fred Kart sold me a slide for one that was creaked and had none left when I creaked my second one. Sold all my Kart conversions and bought a few Dworak conversion units, a exact copy of the Kart except for the shrould, aluminum with the top like a Weaver base instead of steel with iron sights. Dworak slides are machined out of a piece of steel, Kart slides are machined out a investment cast piece. Every Kart unit I sold had one magazine with it, I have about 10 Kart 22 mags, they are the best for 1911 22 units, they don't wear out. Also have a bunch of firing pins, retainers and springs, I no longer shoot bullseye and most likely won't start again.
Tom Ginovsky

teg2658

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X on 1/4/2017, 6:10 pm

Tom:

You have a PM from me.

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content