Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullseye YouTube video -Nelson conversion

+2
dronning
Chris Miceli
6 posters

Go down

Bullseye YouTube video -Nelson conversion  Empty Bullseye YouTube video -Nelson conversion

Post by Chris Miceli 12/7/2016, 5:09 pm

Seen this video like it, Larry Nelson is looking for the maker he's got an MCP pistol w/ a KC battle axe

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tIpPMFm5ubM&feature=youtu.be

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Bullseye YouTube video -Nelson conversion  Empty Re: Bullseye YouTube video -Nelson conversion

Post by dronning 12/7/2016, 8:00 pm

He has a channel with several video's leave a message and maybe he will get back to you.  By the way all his video's are pretty good.

knowledge2you - shooting tips

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Bullseye YouTube video -Nelson conversion  Empty Re: Bullseye YouTube video -Nelson conversion

Post by Wobbley 12/8/2016, 12:08 am

I especially like his how to set up the Dillon and two step expander dies comparison.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR 12/8/2016, 5:51 pm

Great video. I'm excited as I've recently ordered a Nelson to replace my well worn Marvel.

Is the barrel weight necessary to bring it up to 45 weight? I ask because I didn't order the extended barrel. I used a 5/8" shaft clamp on the Marvel to increase weight but thought that the steel rail on the Nelson would be enough.

Jim

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 12/8/2016, 6:18 pm

JKR wrote:Is the barrel weight necessary to bring it up to 45 weight? I ask because I didn't order the extended barrel. I used a 5/8" shaft clamp on the Marvel to increase weight but thought that the steel rail on the Nelson would be enough.

Jim
I found the "compensator" to make the gun nose heavy.  The Nelson optic rail is steel and the conversion is well balanced and feels real close to a 45, without mag.

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 12/8/2016, 6:20 pm

I argued with myself about that but ended up ordering the standard barrel with rail. I figure I can move the dot forward if I don't like the balance. That won't work of course if you shoot steel sights Smile
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 12/8/2016, 6:43 pm

For adding weight I played around with different scope rings both steel and aluminum.  I have gone the other direction now (lighter) and have an Aimpoint H1 with tubes and a Kodiak base.

These are the rings I was using with the Ultradot, Burris aluminum Xreme Tacticle.  Overkill for a 22 but I ran the same system on my 45's

- Dave
Bullseye YouTube video -Nelson conversion  Xtreme-tactical-rings-high_0
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 12/8/2016, 6:48 pm

Have a friend who simply put one oz. Stick on wheel weights on the dust cover to add weight.. works for him
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down