Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

turret press

3 posters

Go down

turret press Empty turret press

Post by Paper-Puncher 2/23/2012, 2:56 pm

Just kinda curious...I've started doing my loading for my target rds on my turret press instead of the progressive....and I find it would seem I have better control over the consistence of the rd's produced...Ive been sizeing and deprimeing case's in batches and sorting by lenght , Then I tumble once I have a batch of close cases . then I prime by hand , and then the simple matter of powder ,seat and crimp ....I index the die holder by hand and can easily check seating depth and crimp every 10rds or so and I can make on the spot adjusts much easier than with the progressive.....granted its not a fast thing but I tend to load small batches for what I plan on shooting each week as opposed to loading big bunches .....I'll still use the progressive for Defensive type IDPA , Bowling pins stuff like that but as of now it would seem the turret gives me a tad more control ....anybody else loading on a turret press for their BE loads ? My current turret is the Lee Classic ...But I'm starting to toy with the idea of finding a better quality unit and a higher quality powder dump to go with it.

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

turret press Empty Re: turret press

Post by DavidR 2/23/2012, 4:13 pm

I load my 32 SW long, on a redding T-7, i deprime,resize the cases on my old rcbs jr, then hand prime with a rcbs primer, one day then a few days later i get on the t7 & i bell, drop the powder, seat the bullet then crimp, it speeds up the process and makes it less of a chore. For 45, i load on a hornaday LNL, it pops out a hundred match grade rounds in about 30 minutes, could go faster but i check things alot.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper-Puncher 2/24/2012, 12:12 am

Ive looked at the Redding the Lyman and the rcbs....damn it their some big dallrs turrets......

Paper-Puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Kane 2/24/2012, 7:37 am

I use a single stage for all my Bullseye reloading and I like the control I have over every round. I too would like to buy a turret and after a investigating I believe that the Redding T-7 is the way to go. This thing is built like a tank.

Everything has gotten expencive with regaurds to shooting. I'm still using an old RCBS single stage that I bought back in 1969. When I see the prices that the Rockchucker's are going for now I'm glad I bought mine 40 years ago at a much cheaper price!

Virgil

Virgil Kane

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 2/24/2012, 9:47 am

Paper-Puncher wrote:Ive looked at the Redding the Lyman and the rcbs....damn it their some big dallrs turrets......
T7 runs under 300.00 and is way better than a lyman or rcbs, ive owned them all. If you cant afford a t7, look into the hornaday single stage w/quick change inserts.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Kane 2/24/2012, 1:57 pm

Here ya go at Mid South

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=0007667000

Best deal I've found on the Redding T-7

Virgil Kane

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 2/24/2012, 2:47 pm

here is a great alternative to a turret, dies change out in seconds with no readjustment.
http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=00005085001
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down