Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walther GSP top end compatibility

2 posters

Go down

Walther GSP top end compatibility  Empty Walther GSP top end compatibility

Post by Makizushi 12/18/2016, 12:37 am

Hi folks, I have a question for any GSP owners in the thread. I have an early 80s production GSP, with a .32 top end (also early 80s vintage), and I was curious if that would fit on a GSP Expert frame. Conversely, would a GSP expert top end fit on an early GSP frame? Thanks for the info.
Makizushi
Makizushi

Back to top Go down

Walther GSP top end compatibility  Empty Re: Walther GSP top end compatibility

Post by Lightfoot 12/19/2016, 10:30 am

Short answer, I don't know.  I have a GSP 22 from the late 80's and as I understand it the newer stuff is interchangeable.  I think their is a time period though that is different, and i may be the early 80's and before.  Mine was one of the first with the 2 stage trigger.  That may be when the changed the design.  Check with Earl's  http://www.carlwalther.com/

For some reason, GSP's aren't as popular as other 22's.  I don't know why.  They are fine!!!  I've only had one alibi in 20K or more rounds.  My mag was a little dirty and dry.  A little oil and cleaning and that fixed itself.
Lightfoot
Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Makizushi 12/20/2016, 2:03 pm

I did check with Earl's. Per Earl, everything made after 1978 is compatible, so it looks like it works.

And I'm a neophyte compared to most of the shooters here, but I am very happy with my GSP, and I like that it's exceptionally reliable, too.
Makizushi
Makizushi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down