Starline Brass

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Starline Brass

Post by Bigtrout on 12/28/2016, 1:46 pm

I wanted some new brass for the new range year (April thru October for decent range weather here) so I ordered 1000 Starline 9mm from their website for 13.3 cents apiece and free shipping.  Now my reloads with that brass will jump from 17 cents to 30 cents.  I doubt my shooting will improve but the fun of knowing you've got top quality brass is appealing.  What else do you do between Christmas and New Year's but spend money foolishly?
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Re: Starline Brass

Post by james r chapman on 12/28/2016, 2:17 pm

Find something foolish to spend it on?
james r chapman

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning on 12/28/2016, 2:38 pm

Ever since I took an inventory of my reloading supplies my spontaneity of purchases of stuff on sale has reduced dramatically Sad.  Although I also bought 2K of 45acp Starline brass on sale at CZ.  You just can't pass up exceptional deals!  Very Happy

- Dave

Heck last year I bought 2750 rounds of 30cal Carbine ammo from CMP when it went up for sale.  No I don't have a 30cal carbine - yet!
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by w4ti on 12/28/2016, 10:27 pm

Bigtrout wrote:I wanted some new brass for the new range year (April thru October for decent range weather here) so I ordered 1000 Starline 9mm from their website for 13.3 cents apiece and free shipping.  Now my reloads with that brass will jump from 17 cents to 30 cents.  I doubt my shooting will improve but the fun of knowing you've got top quality brass is appealing.  What else do you do between Christmas and New Year's but spend money foolishly?

I've got to know- what's the amortization rate on that shiny, nice, got that brand new smell, brass?

There has to be a "drive it off the lot," price  Smile

Best,
Chase

w4ti

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigtrout on 12/29/2016, 7:36 am

w4ti, If I get 4 handloads out of them before I croak, I'll be happy.  That will only be about 20 cents a round at that point, lol.
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Post by DeweyHales on 1/1/2017, 6:56 pm

I fully recommend Starline brass for the 9mm. They are consistent and make accurate ammo. The are my go-to for match ammo. 

I load mixed cases for lessons that I give. The brass is cheaper, but crimped primer pockets make it a pain.
DeweyHales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum