Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pistol scope

+10
rich.tullo
SW-52
ric1911a1
Merick
Richard Ashmore
LenV
dronning
james r chapman
BE Mike
rebs
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

pistol scope - Page 2 Empty pistol scope

Post by rebs 1/6/2017, 9:33 am

First topic message reminder :

Can you guys recommend a scope for my Rugar 22/45 ? Something not too expensive but still decent.

rebs

Back to top Go down

pistol scope - Page 2 Empty Re: pistol scope

Post by rebs 1/19/2017, 10:26 am

The scope arrived early this morning and looks to be in great condition, only a couple tiny marks on it that hardly show. Looks like it was either used very little or well taken care of. I am going to look online and see if I can find a manual for it.
LenV thank you for finding this scope, I appreciate it.

rebs

Back to top Go down

Post by rebs 1/20/2017, 6:09 pm

wow I see what you mean about threading a sewing machine while it is running. This is going to be for bench rest shooting for me. It really magnifies the movement of a shaky hand. lol But I can see the cross hairs fine and I think it will be better than the red dot I was using. If not I can post it on ebay and pass it along to someone with a steadier hand tyhan me.

rebs

Back to top Go down

pistol scope - Page 2 Empty Pistol scope

Post by Dipnet 1/29/2017, 4:05 pm

I have a Matchdot II and an 2 moa Aimpoint and like both of them. However, the Matchdot II has an elevation knob that can be loosened and zeroed, which is super handy. For example, if you have a different long line load, you can zero the scope for one of the loads and with a quick turn, you are dialed-in for the short line. I use the Matchdot II with a Pardini SPBE and that feature makes it possible to use one scope for two calibers. I know a Pardini shooter who shoots both calibers, but uses the accessory scope rail and two scopes, an extra $450+.

For my 45, I have developed long and short line loads that don't require any adjustments. Before the magic dot, shooters often painted marks on iron sights for different loads. If I had to recommend one over the other, I'd go with the Matchdot II.

Importantly, mount your pistol in a vice and get it level before tightening scope rings. This eliminates need for all but minor windage adjustments (if the windage knob is centered). Cheers, dipnet
Dipnet
Dipnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload 1/29/2017, 4:46 pm

I have MatchDot IIs on 3 of my BE pistols and one on a Ruger 10/22.  I also have scope levels on each of them.  A hold over from rifle shooting.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 2/15/2017, 9:36 pm

Rebs, did you ever get that scope to work? I have not seen it on Ebay so must be working for you. Another one showed up there last week and I grabbed it up. I was hesitant because I probably have enough scopes but this one was unique. It is a Tasco Pro Bow scope. Almost identical except it has three vertical dots instead of a single crosshair. Going to be fun to figure out.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2