Pachmayer Super Deluxe Pistol Box --SOLD

Go down

Pachmayer Super Deluxe Pistol Box --SOLD

Post by Jon Math on 1/18/2017, 7:20 am

I picked up a Pachmayer Super Deluxe pistol case off EBay the other day.  I cleaned it up, re-glued some of the faux alligator skin covering, removed stickers and patches, cleaned and buffed the hardware etc.  It looks pretty nice now— it is old with some minor character dings but it’s certainly serviceable.

The only problem is these cases must have been made for pistols and revolvers using iron sights, my red dot equipped stuff will not fit height wise—they fit the tray even with big target grips.  You do have to face them in opposite directions.

The box has a mount for a spotting scope (no scope included).  The clasp has provisions for a keyed lock but no key was included.  It also has clips for a shoulder strap, but again no strap was included when I purchased the case.

Sold!

Thank you!
Jon

Last edited by Jon Math on 1/19/2017, 10:11 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Item sold)
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Re: Pachmayer Super Deluxe Pistol Box --SOLD

Post by fc60 on 1/18/2017, 11:42 am

Greetings,

If the box does not have the "back door", you can pry off the tray guides and reattach them a bit lower to clear the scopes.

You did not mention if it is a 3, 4, or 5 gun box.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math on 1/18/2017, 11:52 am

It has a four gun tray.  It does not have the rear door, and I never considered lowering the tray, but that is a great suggestion.  There is a partition that would have to be trimmed a bit too, but nothing too complicated.
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by onlylead on 1/18/2017, 9:07 pm

Can I get some pictures

onlylead

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans on 1/19/2017, 5:05 am

Since it doesn't fit guns with scopes, it might be of greater interest to ISSF shooters. You might want to post it on targettalk.org

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math on 1/19/2017, 6:11 am

onlylead wrote:Can I get some pictures
Yes,  shoot me you email in a PM and I'll send some right out.  I cannot figure out how to post them here.
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math on 1/19/2017, 6:26 am

mpolans wrote:Since it doesn't fit guns with scopes, it might be of greater interest to ISSF shooters. You might want to post it on targettalk.org

If it does not sell here I'm going to move the tray as Dave suggested.  I looked it over last night and that seems like it can be done without damaging the box and it's a great solution. 

I really want the Strong Aluminum box, but they still seem to be unavailable at this time.
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum