Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone manage to replace the spring in a metalform magazine?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone manage to replace the spring in a metalform magazine? Empty Anyone manage to replace the spring in a metalform magazine?

Post by zanemoseley Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:21 pm

I've been having an issue with the last round failing to go into battery since replacing an extractor. It works fine with a dummy under the last round so I figured the springs may be getting a bit weak, I have 8 metalform mags I inherited when I bought a used wad gun, mine have a welded base on them.

The magazines have the curved followers and don't appear to come out like a flat steel follower. Are these basically disposable? I bought the 5% extra power Wolff springs but it appear I wont be able to use them.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Anyone manage to replace the spring in a metalform magazine? Empty Re: Anyone manage to replace the spring in a metalform magazine?

Post by jglenn21 Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:36 pm

push the follower down in the mag and then use a nail or scribe through one of the mag holes below the follower to hold the spring  in place.

turn the mag upside down and shake it to get the follower free... then just work it out of the mag.. it will come out.. I've replaced all the spring in my Metalforms with 6 lb springs so it's not bad to do.

Last edited by jglenn21 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed the procedure)
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Anyone manage to replace the spring in a metalform magazine? Empty Re: Anyone manage to replace the spring in a metalform magazine?

Post by zanemoseley Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:03 pm

I'll give it another go but I tried exactly what you describe.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAces Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:36 pm

Once you get the first one out and back in it gets easier. I installed six pound springs and Clark followers.
AllAces
AllAces

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:56 am

Well I finally figured it out. The rounded followers are pretty darn tricky to get in and out. 

On a bright note between the new magazine springs and filing on my extractor I fixed my problem with failure to go into battery on the occasional last round of the magazine. The magazines sure are harder to load now lol, they were probably loose as a goose before.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down