Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

22/45 feeding problems

3 posters

Go down

22/45 feeding problems Empty 22/45 feeding problems

Post by Magload Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:33 pm

What could be causing this feed problem.  This 22/45 has done this since day one.  It does it with both mags and all brands of ammo just some worst then others.
Attachments
22/45 feeding problems Attachment
IMG_0140.JPG You don't have permission to download attachments.(81 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

22/45 feeding problems Empty Re: 22/45 feeding problems

Post by willnewton Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:40 pm

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t6216-ruger-mk-iii-recoil-springs#49161

you might want to check this thread. the link takes you to my post about similar feed issues, but others weigh in as well.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:00 pm

willnewton wrote:https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t6216-ruger-mk-iii-recoil-springs#49161

you might want to check this thread. the link takes you to my post about similar feed issues, but others weigh in as well.
Thanks that was a good thread and the Nelson conversion is probably going to be the fix I use also.  I have had one on order now for 4 weeks.  The VQ recoil spring set is a good option to have heck most of this Ruger is now VQ anyway.  This won't fix my problem as the one that chamber eject just fine.  I have a Mark III and a Victory so I am still able to do my rim fire practice.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:58 pm

First go on YouTube and search for tuning Ruger mags, do that then find some CCI standard velocity many Rutgers don't like copper  washed ammo like Remington, Winchester or others.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Magload Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:19 pm

DavidR wrote:First go on YouTube and search for tuning Ruger mags, do that then find some CCI standard velocity many Rutgers don't like copper  washed ammo like Remington, Winchester or others.

I did the tuning Ruger mags and the one I did really turned out nice and smooth but that did not fix the problem.  Yes CCI SVs seam to work the best and only have this jam about once in 10 shots but you can't compete that way.  I was wishing I had't taken that pic as I new the copper washed ammo was good to stay away from I just knew I would get a jam with those Aguila so loaded the mag with 5 and Jammed on number 2.  When I got back home I swapped mag base plates putting the 22/45 Lite base plate on a Mark III mag.  Cycled some Snap Caps through the gun and they did fine.  What I did notice is the bolt picks up the round holding it with the extractor and centering it with the chamber.  I don't think this was happening when the jam occurred.  Could be a ejector problem but could still be a mag problem.  I will try the Mark III mag tomorrow I don't like cycling live rounds at home.  Wouldn't bother me if I had a suppressor or no neighbors.  Don
Magload
Magload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down