Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you pay 2 1/2 times a BuckMark for a................BuckMark

5 posters

Go down

Would you pay 2 1/2 times a BuckMark for a................BuckMark Empty Would you pay 2 1/2 times a BuckMark for a................BuckMark

Post by Aprilian Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:08 pm

Very surprised to see this announced at Shot Show this year.    I compete (currently) with a BuckMark, not sure if this would be an upgrade or whether it has exact same internals as a BuckMark.    http://www.tacticalsol.com/tlp22/tlp-22-complete-pistol

Anyone seen one in person yet?
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Would you pay 2 1/2 times a BuckMark for a................BuckMark Empty Re: Would you pay 2 1/2 times a BuckMark for a................BuckMark

Post by LenV Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:59 pm

$500.00 grips? Has to have something special for that price. No. have not seen one in person.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Would you pay 2 1/2 times a BuckMark for a................BuckMark Empty Re: Would you pay 2 1/2 times a BuckMark for a................BuckMark

Post by DavidR Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:15 pm

buckmarks are good guns but at 1100.00 you would be better off doing a nelson or marvel or even better a xssee hamerli all would run you about the same money.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:26 pm

Sorry, my dry British humor was pointing out the irony - not actually considering one.
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:31 am

Really depends on what, if anything is different from a stock BM.  A Volquartsen Scorpion with Tacsol barrel would be in that price range, but Volquartsen makes some real improvements to the MarkIII. My BM has a Tacsol barrel, and a super trigger job by Jon Eulette, and different grips. It doesn't seem like so much when done over time?

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:52 am

I've worked on many BuckMarks for friends of mine. I've even added a screw to adjust sear engagement. I consider the BuckMark a very good entry level pistol. However spending s lot of money for upgrades results in nothing more than a fancy Buckmark. When building a target pistol the basic frame has to be considered. There is a reason why most if not all the shooter at the top use better guns. You will be better off using the standard BuckMark set aside the extra amount and the money for the extra bells and whistles so as to have the money to purchase a top of the line gun when you gain the shooting experience needed to compete in the higher classifications. However if you do have the money then avoid the BuckMark and get one of the top of the line guns. Furthermore the sale of the better gun will bring a greater demand than a fancy BuckMark.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down